Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 96 fleetwood the interior lights dont work on the car no matter what door is open or close the map lights dont turn on and the vanity mirrors front or rear dont turn on. i had read were someone had told me there was a body control module which is what controlled this function where is it located by, i have a parts car which had the interior lights working before i tool it apart but i have not found the BCM i want to take advantage of the parts car now since i have one to do so with.

any help would be greatly apprecaited.

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
Did you check the fusebox?

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
is there just one box? do you mean the box on the back side of the seat on the inside of the trunk is that the box that controls the lights coming on and off in the car?

and on the fuse its been checked no lights on the inside of the car turn on not manually and not auto either.

·
Registered
11,534 Posts
I do not know a lot about the Fleetwoods, but it is a global problem, so it has to be something hooked to all the lights. Do you have the service manual? If not, you should get one. It has a lot of step by step troubleshooting guides in it.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Not familar with Fleetwoods, but I don't think it will have a BCM. I could be wrong.
I would check Fuse #35, or look for one labeled CTSY PWR.
Check grounds
Check the Interior Lamp Relay

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
where is the interior lamp relay located at cause this is what is not turning on in my car all the bell and whistles and door locks and seats work fine. just the interior lights not working with switch manualy or by door pins either.

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
well here we go i went looking for the relay and when i looked the relay next ot the one ZEBRAFIVE is mentioning and it was missing so i went out and bought the relay and WALLA WALLA i have interior lights but now instead of them not coming on now they stay "ON" and wont turn off even with all the doors closed and the interior light off, i wait a few minutes for them to turn off and they still wont only if i pull out the relay that was missing from the conv. center lol looks like the jokes on me i bought the car with this problem guess someone else solved it by pulling out the relay but i want to have them working properly any help on this would be great.

so my lights with that relay installed
STAY ON and wont turn off i tried another relay and same result.

·
Registered
11,534 Posts
You only need one switch malfunctioning to keep all the lights on. Check all of your door switches, and the on off switch. There is probably nothing else in the circuit.

Is there supposed to be a delay? If so, then the delay circuit could be the culprit.

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
ok and the thread goes on i noticed these d-bodys dont have a pin switch as the normal 9c1 caprice has them are the switches on the fleetwoods built into the actual door locking mechanism in the door? and yes there is supposed to be a delay on the FWB they sta on for a few seconds then they cut or fade off i dont remember its been a while.

and if you are wondering yes it doesnt have the normal manual type pin switch built into where the door closes on the body.

cant i just disconnect each one until the light cuts off or will that do nothing at all?the good things is that they do come on when the relay is installed they just dont cut off.is there a seperate RELAY for the delay part of the system? if so where is it located and yes i have a FSM but its not for the d-bodys its for the b-bodys and 96 only my car is a 95 . and whytling is that module you speak of the black square box that goes above where all he relays are on the conv. center?
im pulling my hair out here guys i just want to have a normal working fleetwood.

·
Premium Member
4,859 Posts
Start by disconnecting your battery for a 10 minutes. This will reset any computers an such that control it. If they still stay on, start by disconnecting one by one till they go out.
Second have someone run a code scan on the body control module. You might need a good scan tool to pull the codes. Some cheaper models won't do it.
If all else fails get the "Factory Shop Manual", & it will run you through diagnostics on how to fix it. The Haynes maual @ autozone are crap.

·
Registered
11,534 Posts
ok and the thread goes on i noticed these d-bodys dont have a pin switch as the normal 9c1 caprice has them are the switches on the fleetwoods built into the actual door locking mechanism in the door? and yes there is supposed to be a delay on the FWB they sta on for a few seconds then they cut or fade off i dont remember its been a while.

and if you are wondering yes it doesnt have the normal manual type pin switch built into where the door closes on the body.

cant i just disconnect each one until the light cuts off or will that do nothing at all?the good things is that they do come on when the relay is installed they just dont cut off.is there a seperate RELAY for the delay part of the system? if so where is it located and yes i have a FSM but its not for the d-bodys its for the b-bodys and 96 only my car is a 95 . and whytling is that module you speak of the black square box that goes above where all he relays are on the conv. center?
im pulling my hair out here guys i just want to have a normal working fleetwood.
Would you kindly punctuate your sentences? It is difficult to read when it is all run together. If I can not read it, or it does not make sense, I am not encouraged to help.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.