Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

I miss the power and torque of my Roadmaster so I am actively seeking a Fleetwood. I am curious about the upper body chrome strip that runs nose to tail. On many of the cars I look at the chrome is bubbling. Are these strips metal or plastic? If they are metal I'll just take them off and re-chrome them. If they are plastic the represents a whole new set of problems.

Any info will be appreciated.

Thanks!!

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
I think they are metal. I'll take a look at my Fleetwood and let you know for sure. Where in RI are you located?

edit

I remember you now. You parted that Roadmaster to use for your boxy. I bought some Roadmaster hubcaps off you.

·
Registered
10,920 Posts
They are specifically plastic, and noted for delaminating. Making new ones from metal would be a chore, but you would only have to do it once.

The spears are also extremely fragile. The pins break off readily. There is no cure for the delamination, unless you can get them rechromed. It is possible, but could be expensive. Check with your local chrome shop.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think they are metal. I'll take a look at my Fleetwood and let you know for sure. Where in RI are you located?

edit

I remember you now. You parted that Roadmaster to use for your boxy. I bought some Roadmaster hubcaps off you.
Yup that was me!! I've got the Box home and alot of work done but I still have a long way to go.

The Grand Marquis I am driving SUCKS. No power. So when I find the right Fleetwood the Merc goes to my daughter!

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the info guys! The search still continues!

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
Village Motors in N. Providence has a very clean looking 1995. From what I saw in the Auto Trader. There was a Light Adriatic Blue fleet on craigslist a little while back for 900 too.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Village Motors in N. Providence has a very clean looking 1995. From what I saw in the Auto Trader. There was a Light Adriatic Blue fleet on craigslist a little while back for 900 too.
I looked at the one at Village motors. Cosmetically it was great but, it barely started, Needed a water pump, an exhaust and to have the proper bolts installed on the exhaust manifolds. PLUS they wanted almost $11,000. (basically DOUBLE blue book). Then the guy has the nerve to tell me....after I looked under it......"I don't think it's ever seen snow!"

I told them to keep it!

I don't mind spending money on one but I don't want to get raked across the coals.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts