Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have a source for dependable LED tail lamps? I ordered a set for a company in Texas (who will go un-named for now) and it has been nothnig but a hassle from the beginning. The latest return (third or fourth), to correct shifted leds, now has one long row and two rows the same length in the returned lamp. Both modules are supposed to have three staggered lengths to conform to the curve of the lamp bezel. Looks great when it works. It is now nice & bright and functions fine...just does not match the other side in appearance or brillance. I have a considerable investment in these modules and still have nothing to complete the mod.

All that said, I know a couple of folks BTC (before the crash) had done this, but cannot recall any sources. Anyone have any suggestions...or want to buy an asymetrical set of Fleetwood LED tail lamps?

Thanks for any positive input.

Richard Snipes
4501 Safari in Jax, FL

·
Registered
8,572 Posts
Was it Bill the verb Crovo? or maybe Dan Sorenson? (sp) Something about a lic. plate with Yehaa, but he may have sold it by now. Or the other guy with the Rejuvisite webhosting business. So much of our prehistoric aboriginal culture was lost with the '09 Crash eh.

·
Premium Member
860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Returning one more time...

Yes, I remember some really nice night shots with the LED tails and something about Japan.

I'm going to give this guy in Texas one last chance and then it's back to 3496 bulbs. Now he wants me to ship both lamps back.

Have to tell you they look damn good...but only if you cannot see both at the same time!

If he can get them both the same then I will post the company name and photos of the modules on the car. Hardest things to successfully photograph I've ever worked with.

Richard Snipes
4501 Safari in Jax, FL

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
Was it Bill the verb Crovo? or maybe Dan Sorenson? (sp) Something about a lic. plate with Yehaa, but he may have sold it by now. Or the other guy with the Rejuvisite webhosting business. So much of our prehistoric aboriginal culture was lost with the '09 Crash eh.
Bill Crovo from NH had the gray '96 with the plate YEHAA, but I don't ever remember him having LED taillights....dunno. I know he sold that car to a guy in NJ several years ago, and I heard a rumor it made it up to IL or something. Again, dunno for sure.

I know Twig was working on an LED conversion a year or 2 ago, but I don't think it was ever completed.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts