Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know the drivetrain is interchangable, but I just found what I think is a dggm fleetwood in a yard, Will the exterior handles bolt up on a Caprice? Also would we be able to swap interior parts like the seats? Maybe door panels? I noticed the controls on the driver seat are identical to the ones in my RMW, and I'm trying to find some grey leather for my Caprice wagon, and I know the rear seat will take some mods to fit in a wagon out of a sedan. Any input fellas?

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
I think the door panels are out as I'm pretty sure the D-bodies have longer doors than the B-bodies (might just be the back doors, not sure).

B-body rear doors are different sedan vs wagon, that I know for sure.
Seats I would think are a direct fit, and front clip conversions have been done, but IMHO the squarish Fleet front does not blend with the curvy back end of the wagons or sedans (except an RMS).

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks sprocket!! Don't really wana do a front end swap, just really want some heated grey leather seats! Lol, what about the exterior door handles? Has anyone tried that? They look to me like they would fit, they were body color, even the pulls.

·
Registered
11,344 Posts
The front seats will probably bolt in, but the FWs have a different arangement for the seat belts. The front door panels have a different mounting system, and may be longer. You could try compnine.com and compare part numbers for the doors and windows...if they are the same, then they would fit. I would not be surprized, if the were different. You could measure the door on your car and then measure the FWs door as well.

·
Registered
701 Posts
Yes the door handles will work. Getting the rear ones out requires you to remove the rear quarter glass. Good luck.

·
Registered
48 Posts
How about the handles on fleetwood interior roof for front and back seats?

Will they fit to Caprice/Impala? Is there something to bolt them on under the headliner?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts