Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I understand that 94-95 Fleewoods have the main part of the radio in the trunk near the antenna. In the dash is simply a control unit. The 1996 Fleetwood has a more conventional self-contained radio unit in the dash.

I know one could get a 12 CD changer in 1996 for the Fleetwood. I have a Delco 12 CD changer. So, my question is, will a 1996 Fleetwood radio plug into my 1994 Fleetwood using the same harness and plugs? Or do I have to find a way to modify the harness in my 94 to install a 1996 head unit?

·
Registered
13 Posts
RE: Fleetwood Radio

I am very curious as to if this worked out for you. I have a factory CD from a 93 Fleetwood that I want to put in my 96 Fleetwood. Do you need to swap out the CD changer from the trunk as well?

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
To do a proper factory installation 93-95 and 1996 radios do not mix, not in function, mounting or wiring. I ended up putting a Delco 10 cd changer working off a FM modulator. If I had a 1996 Fleetwood, it would be easy to install a Delco CD changer through the wiring harness.

Putting a 1993-95 Fleetwood radio in a 1996 Fleetwood is quite a step backwards.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Thanks very much for the information. My 93 Fleetwood is selling on the eBay chopping block today for way too little money and I was considering pulling the radio

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well if it has a working CD player and Cassette player, it may be worth holding onto anyway. So few of them work. I had to have both of mine rebuilt. (I am holding a spare for my 94).

·
Registered
13 Posts
I might not have a choice but to hang on to it. The top bidder has a zero rating and won't respond to my messages. I waiting for email to come after the auction about a Western Union scam. I should probably keep it for parts but I hate taking apart a good running car.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts