Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
More pictures can be found at DBody.com. Click Gallery.

No more Photoshoppin' the car to lower my car anymore! As of last night, I now have an Air Lift Company EasyStreet Generation II B-Body air ride kit.

I know to some old school air riders, Air Lift Company hasn't been the first kit wouldn't chosen. They've had a bad rep in the past however they've totally redesigned their bags, brackets and use a very quality valve and compressor.

The install went fairly easily. The front shocks didn't compress enough so we went with different front shocks and kept my Bilstein rear shocks. I cut the exhaust off right in front of the rear wheels. Otherwise I would have had to fool with getting the pipes over th axle.

I am surprised how fast the 3/8" valves and ½" lines get this boat in the air. It comes with a quality compressor, but at ¼ horsepower, it lacks in power. Lift the front once and on it goes. :(

Side-to-side isn't bad with the Hotchkis rear swaybar. Car sits as low as I wanted it without dragging frame. I wanna be able to drive in case something blows. :eek:

Anyway, thanks to all that post in this section. My questions and searches have given me a lot of good info. Thanks to Tom Frederico for helping me get this kit and thanks to the folks at Air Lift for the assistance. And thanks to the boys at Lowcos Customs Hydraulics in my hometown, Spokane Washington, for a great install.

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Originally posted by Fleetwood SS:
I am surprised how fast the 3/8" valves and ½" lines get this boat in the air. The ¼ horsepower compressor is very quality, it lacks in power. Lift the front once and on goes the compressor.
How many gallons is the tank? Car looks great.

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ultra cool!!

Btw, what year FW grill is that? It looks more like a 93 grill to me...

V

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Your caddy looks very good! So slick!

Nice pics I have to add. Did you edit out the sun a little? Those pictures look too good!

I still see you photoshopping out the bumper bolts. :cool:

BTW, I love that chrome molding that runs on the QR and foward. It really makes the car when you look at it from the back.

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Super Nice ! I must have one !

Kudos to you for a splendid job recycling an old boat !

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I have always loved your car. Nice job!

How much photoshopping did you do to the pics?

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Man!!! That looks great!!! The caddy's look so good slammed to the floor...

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks a lot guys. I really dig it. I went to Starbuck's in downtown Spokane the other day. Parked it outside and had it on the ground. Two hot girls walked by and said "That is a sweet car!" Woo hoo!! Plus, everyone looks at it. People drive by the house all slow, people walking on the sidewalk stare, it's great.

I hate that compressor though. One pump up and on it goes for like 5 minutes! Dunno if I need a bigger tank or compressor though.

I'll be selling my Hotchkis lowering springs soon now!!!

Originally posted by CowlSS:
How many gallons is the tank? Car looks great.
I can't remember and don't see it on their site. I'd imagine 5 gallonsish.
Originally posted by 96roadmaster:
what year FW grill is that?
Stock. Are you sure the 1993 grill was different?
Originally posted by Ninety five SS:
I still see you photoshopping out the bumper bolts.
Yeah I know. Someday I'll break down and buy new bumpers and have someone weld those holes and rechrome 'em.
Originally posted by Fbiss20s:
I added 4 of the Picture to CuSStom.com
It's about time I get on your site!!! Thanks man!

Originally posted by Saltpeter9:
How much photoshopping did you do to the pics?
Used AutoFX's AutoEYE to enhance the color. It was about to rain and not much sun was out. Also tinted the windows a tad. Windshield looks dumb untinted.

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I hate that compressor though. One pump up and on it goes for like 5 minutes! Dunno if I need a bigger tank or compressor though.
A larger tank will let you get it up/down more often without forcing the compressor to kick in. A second compressor will reduce the amount of time it takes to refill the tank.

Looks good.

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Might also be the pressure switch being too 'sensitive' to the pressure drop, which is causing it to constantly kick on and fill the tank back up. A friends truck was like that until he got a diff (less sensitive) pressure switch.

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
yeah, bigger tank, adjustable pressure switch (set to 160-180) and a second compressor. Even with my viair 450 it comes on when you play with it, set it up with the viair 450 for the fromt, and had a crappy thomas that i set up for the back (back hardly tales any pressure to make it hop, so the crappy one did fine)

the 200 bux on a viair450 will pay off when you arent having a burnt compressor, and not having to sit forever to get enough air to turn it on.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Im pretty hard on my viair 450.It is set at 220psi but, it seem to be doing fine.I REALLY need to do the driveline compressor that sits in my garage .To much time spent on the 95 though.Tightest fleetwood ive seen in awhile.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts