Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 93 Fleetwood has a AM/FM/Tape/CD player that is possessed. It wont pick up any stations and plays tapes and CD's wen it wants. No biggy, replace. So I remove it and what the hell, it has NO ANTENNA connection, at least not the normal type of plug I am used to. How/where do I hook an aftermarket radio to the antenna? Also it seems like it fits a 2 Din unit... is that true? I can make an adapter (will not buy Metra garbage).

·
Registered
7,879 Posts
I cannot find the '02 thread where originally running through this in greater detail. But it was an adventure for Dal and I trying multiple times (and orders/returns) to come up with a replacement antenna assembly for my '95 FWB. He seemed really interested that his part listings were clearly incorrect, and the hookup required a particular connector adapter config. :
http://www.impalassforum.com/vBulletin/7-concerns/1278217-power-antenna.html

·
Registered
3,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Apparently the 93-95 fleetwoods had the actual AM/FM radio portion mounted in the trunk next to the power antenna. That's where the antenna plugs into. After testing the antenna it works fine, I just don't think it is receiving a signal from the head unit to extend due to it being possessed.

There is a harness available from Metra that allows you to mount a normal radio/head unit in the dash and runs the wires back to the trunk to connect into the factory harness without having to cut anything.

Also I discovered these are double din from the factory unlike other GM stuff.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts