Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to replace the vinyl roof on my 96 Fleetwood Brougham. It's getting really bad and something has to be done with it. Have any of you guys replace yours? If so where did you buy your replacement? The color matches the original Frost Beige Metallic paint. Thanks Jason

·
Registered
7,866 Posts
Choices

Considering the roof is already painted I surmise you have specifically chosen against going 'vinyl delete'. Way cleaner look IMO. There is the thing about patching 20 little screw holes around the rear glass. And also some bodywork to clean up the two roof-sail panel joints. But, all that is likely faster and cheaper than a new custom pad.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I need to replace the vinyl roof on my 96 Fleetwood Brougham.
You want Haartz Landau Top material. Or one of their top materials. I was thinking of using their Stayfast.

Any automotive upholstery shop that is qualified to install one will have a color chart. They will use your old one as a pattern, sew it up, test fit it and then glue it down. If you live in California, drive out of state. Our glue sucks.

There is an art to it. So find someone who does muscle cars, because those are harder than ours.

The one in the Ebay link is cheaper here: http://www.newstalgiaparts.com/search?q=1996+Cadillac+Fleetwood+Vinyl+Top+&SearchBoxButton=Search

If you go this route, let us know if it fits. You might want to call that 800 and make sure it's a replacement pattern too.

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
Wheelz, yes please keep us updated as I have the same color car and need one as well (next 6 months or so).

Although I've decided to go old school and get a white one when I do (think 1970s caddy). I saw a 95/95 one in our color and it looked great.

·
Registered
946 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts