1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
800 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
Can't tell if the $7200 96 Fleetwood not-a-brougham in St Louis is a 2.56 or a 2.93.
The $5800 95 Fleetwood Brougham in Addison Illinois might be a V4P? By 95, only V4Ps came with mech fans.
The $5350 B9Q in Kansas City is cool, but how many people who DON'T drive any corpses around drive hearses?

Wish they'd use VINs.

·
Registered
11,272 Posts
Can't tell if the $7200 96 Fleetwood not-a-brougham in St Louis is a 2.56 or a 2.93.
The $5800 95 Fleetwood Brougham in Addison Illinois might be a V4P? By 95, only V4Ps came with mech fans.
The $5350 B9Q in Kansas City is cool, but how many people who DON'T drive any corpses around drive hearses?

Wish they'd use VINs.
Get a picture of the SPID, on the inside of the trunklid.

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
Get a picture of the SPID, on the inside of the trunklid.
I'm neither physically nor demographically in the market for a Fleetwood. I was merely taking educated guesses based on the pathetic amount of info provided.

Only one of these adverts provides a pic with a VIN (image #7)- the one that I suspect might be a V4P, the $5800 95 Brougham in Addison - but the lack of resolution plus my fading eyesight conspire to prevent me from deciphering the VIN.
With a VIN, I could definitively state whether it is a V4P, or merely a V92.
Image #9 shows a mech fan, but also a direct connection between the radiator & the reservoir; the direct connection implies that it was built roughly when V92 Fleetwoods were still available, which makes me less confident about this FWB's V4P-ness.

But the above is mere speculation. If anyone can read the VIN in image #7 …

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
Think the $5800 95 Brougham for sale in Addison is a V4P.
By magnifying image #7, I think I see the following crucial details:
Its VIN looks like 1G6DW52P2SR704189, which TIS SPS Info confirms as possessing a V4P calibration.
In the same pic, between 'leather seating area' and 'tire full size spare' on the right, barely legible, appears to read:
'trailer towing package (7000 lbs)'

If anyone else can get a good look at image #7, please confirm or quash my suspicions, either way - but I'm pretty sure.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts