Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a panasonic in dash DVD player and searching for flip down lcd monitors. I like the 13.3 audiovox flip down lcd. Does anybody have a ten inch or bigger flip down monitor in there SS??

Looking at mounting one on that pod above the two front seats.What i am really after if is that huge 13 inch monitor but unsure if it will fit on that pod. Actually i know it will not fit but still not sure if a little custom job could rig it up??

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I'm sure Steve has an idea, hes either seen a lot at car audio shows or installed some for all I know

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Whos steve?? Does he have experiance working on impala ss head liners??

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Steve Cornell, haven't you seen his posts, you should look at his car audio installs, I'm pretty sure hes taken it apart for sound deadening, and then seen enough to know

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I want a big (13-15in) LCD screen to do a custom install. Anyone know where I can pick one up that doesn't come in one of those flip down models?

Thanks in advance for the info.
-=Adam=-

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Try sounddomain.com they have several non flip lcd monitors.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
A 13 inch monitor will fit. I sold a guy a 22 inch wide screen monitor for a Caprice and fits nicely

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Southern Comfort:
A 13 inch monitor will fit. I sold a guy a 22 inch wide screen monitor for a Caprice and fits nicely<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

that guy should just sit a 19" tv on his back passengers lap (he-he) IMHO there's not much room for a screen that size. plus I never have back seat passengers.
to each his own!

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Before you put them you might want to check out the laws in your state regarding tv's. I have two in my car and in LA I found out (the hard way) that it's against the law to have one anywhere before the front seats. The ticket i got was for only 80 bucks. But I was supposed to get one for 1000. The cop let me go with the 80 dollar one because he liked my car.

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
hey southern comfort was it a 22 inch flip down monitor? Where did he install it in his car?? Do you have anymore details on a 22 inch LCD monitor??

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It is installed where the dome light is. More details: $3600.00

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I thought its just illeagle if the driver can see it... while driving

Good going 96SSIMP, divinding the Audio forum, India-Pakistan all over again! lol

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Its only against the law if the driver is able to watch a movie while the car is in motion.

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I have a Redant 7" 16:9 flip screen. You can have it fold up (from console) or fold down (from roof). You just flip a switch to invert the pic...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts