Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will be going away to college here in a couple of weeks and I am going to be quite a ways from home. I really want to buy one of those in dash cd players with the screen that comes out and flips up. I also want to get a DVD player and mount it in the middle console. What brands should I look to buy? How hard is it to hook this stuff up? What kind of price am I looking at? The trip to school is like 4 hours and I'd like to be able to have something to do and also have something for the other people in my ride to watch. Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks guys.

T-Dub

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
hello t-dub if you want a in-dash screen you can get one that comes with built in cd player/dvd player.those usually go for 1,000 lowest you can find would be 800.or you can buy the screen that is just the screen and you have to buy separate the dvd player and have a cd changer in order to play cds.those are the cheapest these days you can find one of those for 500.if you have a cd changer it is best to get that. you can find a good dvd player for 150.i went that way because some of those 1,000 dollar units that have the built in cd and dvd player dont even play burned cds.as far as hooking it up if youve never hooked radios up before your goin to have to get someone to do it.oh yea get a good brand low end screens have crappy quality they have alot of glare during the day some of them you look from the side you can only see "ghost" meanin you cant see the picture very good.

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hello T-Dub,

I just bought a CLARION VRX935VD Am/Fm/CD/DVD In-Dash Fully Motorized Touch-Screen 7" High-Resolution LCD Video Monitor with Remote Control!
This unit plays everyting, (Cds,Mp3's,DVD's,Video Cd's,Cd-r's)

These headunits retail for $2500 , but you can find they on Ebay for $1100 ( well worth the money)Brand new in a sealed box, Just be very carefull who's auction you bid on, there is alot of scammers on ebay!

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Here is some

Key features:

Touch Panel Control Display

Single Play DVD Mechanism plays: DVD Video, CD Audio, CD Video,
MP3

Magi-Tune Tuner with 18FM/6AM Presets

Sirius Satellite Radio Ready
CeNET Control of:
Optional Dolby Digital/DTS 5.1 Processor

Optional TV Tuner

Optional Sirius Satellite Radio Receiver

Optional DVD Changer and 6 Disc Audio CD changer
Multi-Changer Control, CD Text, CD Titling (Audio Changer Only), Station
Titling

Plays MP3 CD-R discs

3 Band Parametric EQ (Beat EQ)

2 A/V Inputs

Rear Vision Camera Input

4 Volt 6-Channel RCA Line Level Output

24 Bit DAC's

Fiber Optic Output for Use w/DVH920 5.1 Dolby Digital/DTS
Decoder/Processor

Excellent off-axis viewing

336,950 pixel display

Screen Resolution of 1440 x 234

208-Watt (52W x 4)

IR Remote Control

Partially Detachable Faceplate With Automatic LCD Open/Close

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yea, the Clarion rocks. We've installed a few of those and everyone loves it.

The best part is when it is cloed, there is still a small lcd screen to see the stations or tracks, and it looks like a normal radio.

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
there is a down side to a touch screen because over time marks develop in the screen where you use it the most like volume or fast foward.

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm also in the market for a single din flip out monitor. I already have the plan for a dvd player and have a Pioneer 740-MP Head unit so all i want is a screen with 2 inputs, though I could live with just 1 input and use a switcher box. Anyone have any ideas/experience with something like this?

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Here's mine Alpine cva-1005.I got it back in 99' and been happy ever since!

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks!The only thing is, I don't have a dvd player in the car.Don't laugh, I have an alpine vcr in the trunk and a 6 disc cd changer hooked up to a alpine v-12 5 channel amp.

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
You know I've always wondered why apple doesn't make the hand on that stupid quicktime clock face move so you could tell it was loading the movie. :D

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
i should try to find away to change the format of the movie, not everyone can play quicktime movies!

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
fibiss20s,
are you going to get the center channel speaker? and what's the sellers screen name on ebay who sold you the head unit?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts