Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How does one do the floor shifter conversion on a RMS limited where the driver's seat and arm rest area are integrated as one and extend over the trans tunnel? I am wondering if anyone has fabricated something that works or am I looking at just swapping for a bucket seat so I can do the typical center console swap?

·
Registered
103 Posts
very easy to do, take the arm rest off, undo the leather on the seat below the arm rest just unclips fron under the seat, cut the frame off of the middle section, then fold and tuck the leather back to the seat, comes out great, did on my limted seats a while ago and now going with regular rms seats and blazer non shift console.

·
Registered
180 Posts
very easy to do, take the arm rest off, undo the leather on the seat below the arm rest just unclips fron under the seat, cut the frame off of the middle section, then fold and tuck the leather back to the seat, comes out great, did on my limted seats a while ago and now going with regular rms seats and blazer non shift console.
Do you have any pics of the installed console on your RM? I'm thinking of doing the same thing on my 94 RMS.

·
Registered
211 Posts
any pics of this fold and tuck? how did you re-secure the leather?

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
It was cheap, like 20-30$ The guy did a good job, someone who doesn’t know these cars would think it was factory.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts