Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Premium Member
242 Posts
When I swapped trannies, (read that as watched Rock350 install and tried to stay out of his way,:D) he used brake cleaner on one line from the tranny and sprayed about three cans worth until it was the same color as it when in, as it came out.

Then used compressed air to blow out the brake cleaner afterward.

Man there was some crappiness stuck in there but with no problems with new trans, until that dam tree jumped out in front of me. ;)

HTH
Curtis

· Super Moderator
4,640 Posts
go buy a can of Kooler Kleen. Cut the end off the hose, then jam it in the B-body lines. Blow half through one line, then backflush the cooler by blowing the remaining half through the other line. Finish off with gentle blows of compressed air and you're all set.

· Premium Member
5,440 Posts
or buy a gallon jug of mineral spirits which I think kooler kleen is?
is used to flush ac systems also.
sold at home depot, lowes, paint stores.

· Registered
746 Posts
A company called ATP or APT sells cooler flush aerosol powered you shoot in until it comes out clear then turn can upside down and it only shoots air to completely clear cooler. 18 bucks a can, its what they use at the dealerships.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.