Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I am selling my 1995 Caprice Classic that I planned on making my overhauled daily driver, and one thing led to another so it turned into a full rebuild on the powertrain. This is a mainly stock car with the LT1 numbers matching engine and rebuilt transmission.

Literally replaced almost everything under the hood. This took about a full year to complete. The engine had an overheating issue when I purchased the car due the the previous owner neglecting ever changing the coolant. I ended up pulling the engine and taking it to a local builder for a cleaning and overhaul. I do not have paperwork from the guy, but I have the cam card and I know it has 1.6 Proform roller rockers. The cam is a Melling .290 Intake, .308 Exhaust lift .435 Intake valve lift and .462 exhaust lift (with 1.5 ratio rockers). Duration is 198 intake and 210 exhaust. This is very similar to a stock vortec 350 cam. All new hoses, belt, tensioner pulley, all alumnium radiator, dual electric fans PCM controlled. Energy Suspension poly motor mounts, and Camaro alumnium heads. I put a Torqhead 24x system with intake mounted coils and the 0411PCM in place. Clear Image Automotive stainless steel headers to his 2.5 inch alumnized exhaust system, added glasspack mufflers in place of the polished tips to eliminate the drone. I do have the tips that will go with the car.

Transmission was build by the Tranzman in Alton, IL the original numbers matching case with upgraded internals, and a 1700 RPM converter.I have to find the paperwork on it but I am working on verifying with the builder on it.

The car had 117,xxx miles on it when I got it, it's now around 119,xxx with the new drivetrain. The car has a new fuel pump/sending unit, Bilstein shocks on all 4, too many other small parts to list, but I have all receipts from Rockauto for the parts. All 4 door window regulators have been repaired/replaced with new window bushings and greased up. The windows operate flawlessly! MTX 6.5 inch speakers in the doors and MTX 6x9's in the rear deck with an Alpine headunit. The factory gauge cluster was ditched for the Camaro gauge cluster. I purchased this from another member pre done and cleaned/calibrated so it was plug and play. I removed the oil pressure resister that ruins the reading so the oil pressure gauge works great! Tach wire ran from the PCM and all gauges function properly. Rear end fluid changed with Royal Purple gear oil and the posi works pretty good.

The car was tuned mainly by myself, then dyno tuned for WOT at 262 RWHP and 321 RWTQ.

I am sure I am missing things, but the car drives really nice, I also have a set of Impala SS wheels that go with it that someone spray painted black. The only issues are a tiny oil drop when the car is parked, and the speed sensor is a little lazy and will need to be replaced. The alignment is a little off as well but not too bad. I calibrated the speedometer via GPS using HP Tuners.

I am in St Louis, MO and I am asking $9,000 OBO. Any serious offer will be considered. I have way more than that in this build and this is just another car I don't need anymore and need to sell. Please text me at 314-229-7848 for more info.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hi,

I am selling my 1995 Caprice Classic that I planned on making my overhauled daily driver, and one thing led to another so it turned into a full rebuild on the powertrain. This is a mainly stock car with the LT1 numbers matching engine and rebuilt transmission.

Literally replaced almost everything under the hood. This took about a full year to complete. The engine had an overheating issue when I purchased the car due the the previous owner neglecting ever changing the coolant. I ended up pulling the engine and taking it to a local builder for a cleaning and overhaul. I do not have paperwork from the guy, but I have the cam card and I know it has 1.6 Proform roller rockers. The cam is a Melling .290 Intake, .308 Exhaust lift .435 Intake valve lift and .462 exhaust lift (with 1.5 ratio rockers). Duration is 198 intake and 210 exhaust. This is very similar to a stock vortec 350 cam. All new hoses, belt, tensioner pulley, all alumnium radiator, dual electric fans PCM controlled. Energy Suspension poly motor mounts, and Camaro alumnium heads. I put a Torqhead 24x system with intake mounted coils and the 0411PCM in place. Clear Image Automotive stainless steel headers to his 2.5 inch alumnized exhaust system, added glasspack mufflers in place of the polished tips to eliminate the drone. I do have the tips that will go with the car.

Transmission was build by the Tranzman in Alton, IL the original numbers matching case with upgraded internals, and a 1700 RPM converter.

The car had 117,xxx miles on it when I got it, it's now around 119,xxx with the new drivetrain. The car has a new fuel pump/sending unit, Bilstein shocks on all 4, too many other small parts to list, but I have all receipts from Rockauto for the parts. All 4 door window regulators have been repaired/replaced with new window bushings and greased up. The windows operate flawlessly! MTX 6.5 inch speakers in the doors and MTX 6x9's in the rear deck with an Alpine headunit. The factory gauge cluster was ditched for the Camaro gauge cluster. I purchased this from another member pre done and cleaned/calibrated so it was plug and play. I removed the oil pressure resister that ruins the reading so the oil pressure gauge works great! Tach wire ran from the PCM and all gauges function properly. Rear end fluid changed with Royal Purple gear oil and the posi works pretty good.

The car was tuned mainly by myself, then dyno tuned for WOT at 262 RWHP and 321 RWTQ.

I am sure I am missing things, but the car drives really nice, I also have a set of Impala SS wheels that go with it that someone spray painted black. The only issues are a tiny oil drop when the car is parked, and the speed sensor is a little lazy and will need to be replaced. The alignment is a little off as well but not too bad. I calibrated the speedometer via GPS using HP Tuners.

I am in St Louis, MO and I am asking $9,000 OBO. Any serious offer will be considered. I have way more than that in this build and this is just another car I don't need anymore and need to sell. Please text me at 314-229-7848 for more info.

·
Registered
543 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts