Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey I just recently got a 1994 9C1 (Damn, I wonder when I'm gonna get tired of saying that
) and I have a question: Was the oil filter in your 9C1's located above the driver's side wheel-well?

------------------
1994 Caprice Classic 9C1
~White, spotlight, no mods yet.
1991 Caprice (civilian)
~Black, no mods yet.

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hi there. Welcome to the 9C1 and B-Body LT1 world.

My '95 9C1 has the filter below a filter bracket bolted to the lower left edge of the engine block. I get to it from under the car. It sounds as thogh someone installed a filter relocation kit on your 9C1 so they wouldn't have to crawl under the car.

You need to get a GM Factory Service Manual (FSM) if you figure to keep your car any length of time and to do any maintenance on it. It will also help you deal with maintenance more intelligently if you have someone else do it.

For the FSM, call Dal Slabaugh, 800-362-9494, www.vandevere.com, E-Mail: [email protected]
Dal is a great source for the right GM parts at the right price. He prefers to communicate by email.

or call Helm, Inc, 800-782-4356, www.helminc.com. Helm is the official publisher and retailer for GM manuals.

There is also an internet used FSM site, www.factoryautomanuals.com

The FSM is MUCH more comprehensive than the Haynes.
The '95 FSM is three manuals, 8.5 x 11 inches, total about
4-5 inches thick.

Hope this helps.

------------------
Rowland Hill, '95 9C1

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey thanks for the welcome! And yeah, I plan to keep this car till the day I die! (Yeah, I think I'm catching a new strain of a B-body bug or something
) I guess I'll be ordering the FSM manual soon. Anyway, thanks for the help.

------------------
1994 Caprice Classic 9C1
~White, spotlight, no mods yet.
1991 Caprice (civilian)
~Black, no mods yet.
ISSCA member #00320

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The FSM's are about $100-125 new, used ones & from Dal will be less. El-Dude-2k, It really sounds like you have an oil filter re-location kit on your car. Good luck with the 9C1, & always keep some cash on the side for rear tires

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The relocation kit is similar to our boat. Our boat has a classic cmall block 350, and the oil filter is mounted just under the deck, there are 2 hoses coming out of the back of it, going to the blocks original location for the filter. It does make it easier to change, but you might want to put a bucket under it before you change it, so oil doesn't pour out all over your engine bay, the plus to the stock location it that oil only really spills on your face, not the engine bay.

------------------

95 9C1 LT1

1 - 6 of 6 Posts