Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
D

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how do you all keep the interior from getting loose. From weeks of loudass bass.

I want some hard hitting base but i dont want my door panely and everything else getting all loose.
 
J

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
If your bass is loud enough to rattle something loose you must have hearing problems by now.
 
D

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
HA LOL i havent even installed them yet for the simple reason that my other cars interior started getting loose...
 
U

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm going to put in fresh fasteners every time I pull a door panel, That's all I really can think of thus far... I'll also be deadening the panels themselves when I strip the whole car out this summer... should be... lots of fun. You could also probably add some more padding behind the panel to make them a bit more solid to begin with.

And as far as hearing damage... as far as I've seen thusfar, a car is much less durable than my ears.

Last hearing test I took I still had perfect hearing, but my sedan is falling apart.
 
B

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Frank, we can do a big buy on sounddeadner for our cars and just deaden the **** out of the front and rear panels, make them real solid, and you wont have anything to worry about once they're done.
 
S

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
sound deadening (I like the new fastener idea....)
just put it on very thick and squeeze the panel over it...

the problem is.. youll think its good... then youll put a stereo in... damn... you have some rattles.. okay.... you fix those...
then you put a 1200 watt amp and an 18" sub in there.. and you find a whole ****ton of rattles...

it never ends... if the stereo is loud enough.. youll always be chasing the rattles down...
 
W

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Normally the bass heads don't care if there car rattles apart. 90% of the SPL systems I have seen are crap installs, and that includes the world finals.

You can use dampening material, like dynamat or equivalent to stop rattles.

Tim
 
U

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Originally posted by White whale:
Normally the bass heads don't care if there car rattles apart. 90% of the SPL systems I have seen are crap installs, and that includes the world finals.

You can use dampening material, like dynamat or equivalent to stop rattles.

Tim
Crap installs? :eek:

I disagree completely.
 
W

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Originally posted by UndercoverPunk:
Crap installs? :eek:

I disagree completely.
[/QUOTE]

have you been to some major car audio shows, including the world finals, I have and being a professional installer I have seen my share of crap installs. OK I may have over exaggerated 80% :D :D

Tim
 
C

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Originally posted by White whale:
Normally the bass heads don't care if there car rattles apart. 90% of the SPL systems I have seen are crap installs, and that includes the world finals.

You can use dampening material, like dynamat or equivalent to stop rattles.

Tim
I agree!
 
U

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Originally posted by White whale:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by UndercoverPunk:
Crap installs? :eek:

I disagree completely.
</font>[/QUOTE]have you been to some major car audio shows, including the world finals, I have and being a professional installer I have seen my share of crap installs. OK I may have over exaggerated 80% :D :D

Tim
[/QUOTE]

Yes I'm very familiar with world fials, I was in cleveland in 05 on Team SPT with Scottie Johnson, and this year I was in Louisville as a guest for Fi.
While most of the installs aren't balanced SQ systems, and aren't the most astetically(sp?) pleasing, that doesn't make them "crap" installs by any means. They were purpose built to be loud, and that's what they do.

The amount of time and effort and testing it takes to build a winning car is astonishing, and the fact that you can't appreciate those vehicles for what they are shows a lack of open mindedness on your part, IMO.

But to each their own I guess.
 
C

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Undercover.........I guess you think the cars that Unique Whips presents are the "best" installs? Even though damn near every install is 2 12s w/ a face plate?

Or may the Pimp My Ride guys build the greatest?? Most of those cars are still sitting in the shop being fixed or repaired.

Some of us deal in real world daily systems. I have built SPL cars/trucks/suvs......so what? If a customer pays for it, then I guess I can build it.

It has nothing to do with being open minded. I guess it has more to do with what pays the bills. SQ/SQL/daily systems do that. SPL NEVER pays the bills for installers.

BTW, do you consider Team Pioneer a leader in the SPL world?? They don't believe in fuses. Makes a crap install in my book. Guess what?? The truck burned down! Proves crap install to me.



[ 11-25-2006, 10:12 PM: Message edited by: chevmdnss ]
 
U

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Originally posted by chevmdnss:
Undercover.........I guess you think the cars that Unique Whips presents are the "best" installs? Even though damn near every install is 2 12s w/ a face plate?

Or may the Pimp My Ride guys build the greatest?? Most of those cars are still sitting in the shop being fixed or repaired.

Some of us deal in real world daily systems. I have built SPL cars/trucks/suvs......so what? If a customer pays for it, then I guess I can build it.

It has nothing to do with being open minded. I guess it has more to do with what pays the bills. SQ/SQL/daily systems do that. SPL NEVER pays the bills for installers.

BTW, do you consider Team Pioneer a leader in the SPL world?? They don't believe in fuses. Makes a crap install in my book. Guess what?? The truck burned down! Proves crap install to me.

First, I wasn't talking to you. Second, UW and PMR are pathetic, please don't just assume that you have me pegged as some trailor trash *******.

Team Loud is the loudest in my book, just because it hasn't been posted doesnt mean it's not there. But that's beside the point. When was the last time you won a world spl title? When you do that I think you'll have earned the right to criticize how they build their veicles.

Also I'm not a professional installer, so I don't care what pays the bills, audio is still just fun for me.
 
C

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I am not attacking you, or assuming anything. I just posted to find out what level you consider to be a nice install.

I no longer care for SPL. I have a firm belief though that real installers have cars with no stereo or half finished stereos at all times. If they have enough time to build their own cars, then they are not installing for their customers.

This thread has become useless as far as I am concerned..........

[ 11-26-2006, 04:35 PM: Message edited by: chevmdnss ]
 
B

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Originally posted by chevmdnss:

This thread has become useless as far as I am concerned..........
Because of you.

Back to the subject, Frank, like I said, we can order a ****load and do our imps up!
 
E

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Put enough bass in it you won't here the rattles in the inside.
 
C

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Originally posted by DTXIMPALASS:
how do you all keep the interior from getting loose. From weeks of loudass bass.

I want some hard hitting base but i dont want my door panely and everything else getting all loose.
Being that the post doesn't say anything about rattles, everyone else if off topic to begin with.

Loose panels are mainly a result of lots of removal. New fasteners, as has been mentioned, will help.

Sound deadening material WAS NOT designed for rattles! It has been misused for years. The materials were meant to help "deaden" the resonance of the offending panel.

If you are dealing with rattles, the best thing to do, is find each individual rattle and develop a plan to fix it appropriately. It may need a "glue" type material to bond the loose parts together. Maybe you can stuff something between them. Unfortunately, you must have the bass installed in order to find them.
 
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Top