Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
9,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'll be online for quite some time and many posts, and then this pops up. And then randomly the site works again a few clicks later.

Anyone else?

·
Registered
9,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
No one else eh. I should feel special, but only annoyed.

Still cropping up random-like for me. Once in a while the message variant has a 403 in it. I'll google.

·
Premium Member
210 Posts
No one else eh. I should feel special, but only annoyed.

Still cropping up random-like for me. Once in a while the message variant has a 403 in it. I'll google.
This happened to me also... Over a week, but I haven't had this problem for a few days now!

·
Registered
9,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Why yes sort of. I use Iron Portable. Reportedly it's Chrome root code, but without the google tracking.

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
Why yes sort of. I use Iron Portable. Reportedly it's Chrome root code, but without the google tracking.
Best I could figure when I went through it, some of the v.bulletin updates (probably automated) don't play well w/ the chrome code. Some have mentioned ponying up and becoming a dues paying member, but that shouldn't have anything to do w/ it. Try mozilla or IE and see if the problem travels.

·
Registered
9,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Misery Loves Company

Well thanks I guess. I guess good to hear I'm not so special to be the only one at least. No Mozilla no more in my house SEO-, but I did switch right over to IE when it happened again and all worked good there. Of course I went back to Iron and it worked there too - for another 20 minutes anyway before another hissy fit.

The only semi-useful thing from googling about this is a sideways comment about a timeout protection from bots. Made no sense.

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
fwiw, I went into settings -> advanced options -> privacy -> content settings -> cookies -> manage exceptions and added 3 exceptions using the "clear on exit" setting, like so:

But I'm not sure what course to pursue w/ regard to the showthread.php.

My issues were:

and

·
Registered
9,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The Forbidden is strong today.

Interesting, if not simply exasperating symptoms of late:
First off, I cleared all browser data - EVERYTHING - and reopened my browser fresh just to get a handle on what kinds of Cookies we're dealing with for this forum.

SEO-, I'm not getting the extra fault screens you did, but notice those cookies you added were included in the 22 3rd Party Cookies that the forum is trying to set (and are being Blocked). Yikes, that's a lot of 3rd Party Cookies for one site!

Of the 12 1st Party Cookies that are Allowed, I still removed one called 'vsresearch' that shows that it expires in 10 years! All the others show they expire today.

For reference:
-I'm get problems whether or not signed in.
-Waiting a few minutes doing something else and coming back to the forum sometimes resumes access and function - for maybe 6-8 more clicks on threads.
-Clicking on random other threads sometimes gets it to sneak past the Forbidden white screen and start working again a while.
-No problems of this type to date on ANY other sites or browsing.
-The VoiceFive pop-up is back. I've got pop-ups blocked about every way possible on earth through Iron Settings, my virus software, etc. And, I've done all sorts of special removal/blocking just for that one per duckduckgo's search directions. Just a little discouraged the forum would allow such an invasive nuisance.
-Another observation: I have not had anything like these problems on the other one or two -vBulletin style car forums I am currently accessing. Sure, I get the VoiceFive pop-up, but none of the 403 Forbidden issue.
-Ever onward.

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
Not uncommon at all for that many cookies to be "pushed". Product of the website going to the Canadian affiliate, but again they aren't alone. Pretty much par for course these days. I just block em all (3rd party. You have to allow 1st party. And what ever happened to 2nd party anyway??? I digress...) unless the web experience slows to a merciless crawl.

Anywho, we've both been a victim of something going on and the best option is to contact admin directly. My issues have since gone away.

Can't really speak to the iron portable browser, but you might want to just say "Chrome". IT types love to find quick scapegoats to explain things away and if you tell them you're using IP, they'll most likely brush it off and blame the browser (not that they won't do that w/ Moz, Safa, Oper, IE or Chrome as well).

·
Registered
9,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Update

Even though I've been using the same Favorites link for years, on a suggestion I removed the [/vBulletin] portion from the end so that's it's simply now http://www.impalassforum.com. It still took about a week after that change, but I can finally report the problem had not recurred -- even once.

My guess either a crafty Admin solved a glitch, or my browser/AV/firewall has made its own adjustments.

·
Registered
9,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Bugs as this seem to either get fumigated, mutated or patched into extinction as mysteriously as they came to exist. No more occurrences for me, but funny it's come back around for you. Outside of just pestering the SitH out my settings for a while I can't directly credit anything I did as being successful.

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
Bugs as this seem to either get fumigated, mutated or patched into extinction as mysteriously as they came to exist. No more occurrences for me, but funny it's come back around for you. Outside of just pestering the SitH out my settings for a while I can't directly credit anything I did as being successful.

I figure it's either the NSA or a Putin bot propagandizing the "fascist putsch" in Ukraine. That or little green men. Couldn't possibly be a glitchy update. Nah. That never happens. Just ask Microsoft...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.