Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A little frustrated I even have to list this again, I had a buyer lined up a few years ago but I told my friend I'd let him have dibs on it if he wanted it. I turned down the other buyer and my friend ends up buying a house and backing out of the deal.

That's why i'm listing it for bottom dollar, just to get it gone so I can fund the last leg of my 96 build.

The motor started life as a Golen 396 "competition short block". with about 1500 miles on it I had Lawrence Racing Engines tear it down in hopes of adding low compression pistons for boost. That never happened, and the motor has been at the machine shop since.

Everything that Golen did, which was all fine, was double checked anyway by LRE. New bearings, rings, ARP hardware throughout.

The LE2 heads that were on it were sold and replaced with Advanced Induction 200cc top end from brand new F body cores.

Eagle 4340 forged crank
Eagle 4340 forged H beam rods
SRP forged pistons, 15cc relief
4 bolt mains
Advanced Induction 200cc F body castings
Advanced Inductions ported intake manifold
Advanced Inductions custom grind billet core cam - I'll get the exact specs but IIRC it's something around .590 lift and 236/242 duration, an aggressive hyd roller with a lot of lope but still completely street-able)
Comp pro magnum roller rockers
Lots of other good stuff inside

Complete assembled longblock.

$4000

I'm open to shipping options but buyer will have to cover all shipping expenses. Pickup location would be lawrence racing engines in west hampton NY but I could also deliver it for just the cost of gas to anywhere within maybe an hour or two of NYC.

·
Premium Member
974 Posts
Arrgh... wish the AI top end was split. I'd take that in a heartbeat. Good luck with the sale, though

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
61 Posts
Hey ssandman what's a good estimate of the numbers this motor is producing, also I'm on the opposite coast 90810 maybe an estimate on shipping would be awesome too.

·
Registered
174 Posts
ssandman, canadian dollar is the shits right now but i might be interested if you can't find a (local) buyer. would have to ship to Washington state then i can drive across border and pickup once this covid stuff dies down. I have a place to ship to in point roberts, WA. Let me know.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts