Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://newyork.craigslist.org/brx/pts/4392250291.html

Seems like an awesome deal from what I have seen these wheels go for in the past. I would have loved nothing more than to pick these up myself, but spending money on anything other that what is needed to get my 96 up and running is out of the question. Figured someone here might be interested....

·
Registered
186 Posts
10.5 all the way around? Won't that rub in the front? They need to be refurbished by the looks of it. But killer wheels.

·
ISSF Honey Badger
27,204 Posts
When you want answers you go right to the expert...if you read they are NOT off an Impala SS they are off a GMC truck of some sort...

As per Ed Runnion:

Something is off...+45 is nowhere close on offset for us. We're more in the +6 to +12 range on offset on a 8.5-10" wide wheel. With a 10.5" wheel, more math needed.

Looks like these were on (just guessing) a Jeep.

You'll need 5x5 to 5x5 adapters or spacers to fix the offset.

You could make these work in back...in front you MIGHT get it under the fender but likely will have to nail the offset just right with adapters and not be able to turn to full lock.

That said, for road race / autocross if you can get them under the car then the 315/30R18 Hoosier A6 works well on that wheel size :)

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Hoosier&tireModel=A6&sidewall=Blackwall&partnum=13ZR8A6&tab=Specs

Ed

·
Premium Member
15,727 Posts
Phew. I couldn't stand the temptation.

·
Registered
315 Posts
I hate for sale ads like this... and this one isn't even that bad. Terrible technical info that more than likely not even correct (remember, he said the BS was taken off the website and not actual measurements), no picture of them on an actual vehicle, and WAYYY understating the fact that they'll probably need to be professionally restored because of that "minor oxidation" that look like its from spending the last 10 yrs in a salt water bath.

I have a hard time believing those are 10.5" rims. With the ruler on the ground, it looks like he's measuring outer lip to outer lip, meaning its probably a 9.5" rim. Also going off of that one skewed pic, I can't hardly believe they're a +45mm offset. BK, do you trust his measurements just by using a calibrated eyeball measurement?

If they were an hour away or less I would take the chance to look at them and fit them on my car... but, they're 10 hrs away and the seller doesn't seem very trust worthy, so I can happily avoid the temptation as well. cwm3

·
Registered
975 Posts
255mm section with on a 10.5 rim? God I hope not. I could live with the extra offset and spacers.

I tried to do this before, been looking for wide rears to go with my 17x9s. If anybody in NY wants to split these up with me i'd be game.

·
Registered
315 Posts
^That was the other thing that makes me not think they're 10.5" wide. My 20x10 TT2's had 275's mounted when I bought them and they looked like the import "stanced" style. There's no way 255's would look like that on 10.5 rims.

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
I was wondering about the size/offset myself. I thought he may have been wrong on the 10.5 all around or something but didn't bother asking as I knew I couldn't afford new wheels right now. I think this guy is just way off on his measurements? It would be nice if someone were close enough to go check lol

Somebody call someone from NYC INC chapter

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
"The offsets and bolt pattern listed are from research on Forgeline wheels and from their website. The Calloway SS model was a tuned Chevy Impala that came with these wheels"

This says it all about the offset. He probably isn't even close. I would just be worried that the bolt pattern is even right LOL

1 - 10 of 10 Posts