Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The 17'X9.5" Forgeline RS wheels and 285/40/17 Kumho MX tires went on the car this week. I got her all cleaned up this morning and took some photos.

Terry

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Now those look shweeet!
If the ROH deal doesnt pan out maybe Forgelines for me but more $$ Im sure :(

Cool plates too btw

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The Forgelines are good bit more $, but also a good bit LESS unsprung weight

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys. Yes, The Forgelines are pricy - that's where my tax refund went this year. Knightshade hit the nail on the head though. These wheels are 1 inch wider than the stockers, but at 19 lbs. weigh a full 10 lbs. less than the stocker cast aluminum wheels.

BTW - I broke these in yesterday running the 2-mile road course at Nashville Superspeedway. I managed to hit 115 mph on the front straight before hitting the brakes for a 180-degree hairpin that is turn #1. :D

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Terry,

Sweet!!!! Got to check those new shoes out on Road Atlanta. Let's play.

Mark

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Mark - I'd love to play, but Road Atlanta has way too many concrete walls for me. Ask Paul about that. :( I don't think that I have enough cojones to run Road Atlanta at 100%.

Rhino - The SSled has a steady diet of rice.

Thanks for the postive feedback folks. I'm really pleased with how this setup looks and feels on the car.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Originally posted by AutocroSSer:
Looks great Terry. Of course, I may be biased on this one :D
Ed - Well you and your car had allot to do with my choice. Besides the light weight and that I just like 5-spokes on this car, when I saw your ride a couple of months ago, I just knew I had to have these wheels.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
What are the offset and backspacing specifications that you used?
I got ROHs for now, but some day I want to upgrade to Forgelines. I am curious how close the specs that you used are to mine on the ROH ZSs. +5mm offset, 5.45" backspacing.
David

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Pretty sure Terry used the "standard" for 17x9.5" wheels, namely 5.5" backspacing which is +6mm offset.

In other words, practically the same as your ROHs (BTW, got any pics of those on the wagons? Always wondered how that wheel would look on a B-body....)

BTW, the Forgelines will clear basically all of the 13" brake kits (Baer, TCE Wilwood, Movit, etc) for our cars with ease.

Terry, sorry about spending your money like that :D . Of course, I get the feeling that driving the T56 may spend more of your cash later on as well :D :D

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Ed is correct - 5.5" backspacing and they fit like a glove with plenty of clearance.

Ed - The 6-speed test flight was SSweet! But I am really trying to hold off on that urge right now. We settled on a house last week and the mod budget will now take a nose dive. On the bright side, the house has a 4-car climate controlled garage. :D

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I neglected to mention that these wheels were purchased through Mike at No Limits Motorsports. I priced them at a half-dozen different wheel dealers and Mike was very competitive. And there were the additional benefits of keeping the sale within the Impala community and having Mike's exemplary customer service. I am sort of a "high maintenance" customer, and Mike never even got frustrated with me (or didn't show it). :D

Thanks Mike!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.