Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy- new to the forums here but I've had a 1996 DCM since 2000 that I refer to as, the Lady- anyone remember Airwolf? I've done a couple things like ditch the home plate and that awkward box midstream from the air filter. I joined to see what other folks are doin with their cars and the like...........

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Welcome. Cars on this board go from mild to wild and everywhere in between. You should find it a great maintenance resource. You will also find information on just about every mod that has been done or would be considered. Start looking around and have fun.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Also like to Welcome you, don't apologize about being new here. We were all new here at least once. This is a great place to find out anything and everything about cars and mods and boast about what you've done to yours. Remember one thing...we want pictures and stories about them...

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'll try and get some pics up as soon as I figure this thing out. I'm pretty much a purist when it comes to the real SS. On the back though, I do think about getting a 9C-1 to tinker with and clone for a daily driver. I can't be more impressed with the car outta the box. Cross country driving it'll treat you right, heck, anywhere it'll treat you right, that's why she's called the Lady........

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
im new to this site as well and so far its been nothing but helpful info im glad i found it and im sure you will be to heres some info on posting pics
1) go to Photobucket.com
2) register
3) upload your pics
4) copy and paste the

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
OK- put a photobucket link in the sig, see what happens.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
96DCMIMPALASS Next time you got time and make the 30 minute
run down here to Albuquerque let me know and we'll do lunch or something. :D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
At the time she did- that pic was taken B$ I moved out here, or back out here to NM. I washed her last week and went for a ride to circulate the fluids as I try not to driver'er much, hence the plans on the back burner for a clone/ driver.
I've heard it's easier/ bettrer to stir up an OBD1 car as opposed to an OBD2 one........

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Can you edit a post? typo last post- B4 I moved back to NM. That's a Big 10-4, Gold. I'll give ya a hollar when I'm down that way- another thing is I can't believe the gas mileage these cars get. I'll pass on the L-99 with 3.73's- this LT-1/ 3.08 can't be topped.............. :D

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Will wait for your call

The paper and pencil at the top of the post will let you edit or delete....

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Got it, thanks. Say- I also horse around in Moriarty on a quad..........

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Got a buddy that runs quads out there once in a while. Ran a desert last Oct. in Vegas..

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
That's cool- I try not to get too carried away with this stuff. Say- any pointers on putting a picture in the signature area? Something like 7 oh 7 has..
Thanks

1 - 14 of 14 Posts