Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
472 Posts
How funny it would be if the owner came outta nowhere and your all up under his car LOL

·
Registered
890 Posts
That would be funny. To have a car from (1992?) that's still in that kind of condition I'm sure he'd be able to understand a fellow B-body fanatic's interest though

This reminds me of a question I've had though. Did all 91 caprices come with blacked out B and C pillars? Or was it just 9C1s, or an option, or am i just plain 'tarded and they never came that way?

·
Registered
4,073 Posts
'91's were blacked out, '92 and newer weren't.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Caprices are the only cars I know of that went from blacked out pillars to body colored. It's usually been the other way around. Aside from tucks, I don't think they make a single car anymore that doesn't have the pillars blacked out. Thus contributing to them all looking the same.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Caprices are the only cars I know of that went from blacked out pillars to body colored. It's usually been the other way around. Aside from tucks, I don't think they make a single car anymore that doesn't have the pillars blacked out. Thus contributing to them all looking the same.
First gen Geo Prizms also did. 1990 was blacked out. 1991 and 1992 which were the same bodystyle were body colored.

·
Registered
890 Posts
maybe it was a case of cutting costs after the first model year. my family had a first year denali, and replaced it with a new one several years later after racking up miles on it, and the new one doesn't have a hood light, glove compartment light, or a reclining 2nd row seat like the first one did.

·
Registered
266 Posts
i'd pop that cherry ...

was this car kept in a giant ziploc bag or were these actually taken years ago, with one of the first digital cameras?

·
Registered
378 Posts
Early cars had digital Speedo but had mechanical odometers, both reg. and trip. That is what's on my '93 9C1.

·
Registered
4,073 Posts
Early cars had digital Speedo but had mechanical odometers, both reg. and trip. That is what's on my '93 9C1.
Civi's are all analog/mechanical from '91-'93.

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
to add to the blacked out pillar thing. I have an olds custom cruiser with original paint and the pillars are blacked out. It was assumed all wagons were delivered with body color b pillars.

Mine was produced in November of 1990 and was the 868th car off the line. Never seen another one with factory black b pillars....

that is one REALLY clean car!!!!

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
Damn that thing is cleaner than cars on a dealership lot in the Northeast. Where was that pic taken???

·
Registered
3,457 Posts
I bet that is one old sumbich who owns that car!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts