Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is the 4.3 L99 94 caprice worth it? I have a 96 imp and found this one. Was thinking about picking it up and toying with it? Does the L99 use the opti?

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok,

Are they worth getting a hold of, it seems to be in good condition, not alot of knowledge on the L99, I won a 96 imp, thinking if I can get it cheap enough I could do some INTERESTING things to another b body.

·
Registered
576 Posts
They're visually the same as the LT1 engine but based on a 305 ~ 200HP, better MPG and still a V8 [although less torque/HP] so................. yeah :)

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
The L99 is still a peppy little motor, if you can afford it buy it, have fun with it. keep the IMP for those sunny fun days.

My $.02 any way.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Preciate the .04 cents! :) Well worth the input,

I definately wont let go of my 96 imp, I've owned it since 99 and love it. I was just thinking of picking up a caprice to fool with adn trick out a lil differently.

·
Registered
1,729 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
I have a 96 SS and a 95 L99, the L99 is a good car, use it for my commuter car and is rather good on gas.

I got my '95 L99 last year for $3k and 92k miles on her in mint condition, so if you can keep the Imp and get the Caprice for a good deal I say go for it!

·
Registered
7,988 Posts
Ran an L99 for 120K and no issues ever, just less power than the LT1. All of the LT1 bolt ons will work on this motor as well. When I tore the engine apart after selling the block, I was impressed with the condition of the cylinders and the motor never burnt any oil.

A lot of performance companies will not recommend (They wouldn't say if it would work or not) any of their bolt ons for this motor but they will work. During the time I had the L99 in the Caprice, I put a K&N intake setup, flowmaster cat back and 19lb Accell Injectors. Never put headers on it but they should work as well. The motor has 2 cats just like the Lt1 and goes into a y-pipe behind the tranny to a single exhaust tailpipe. The crossmember has the double humps in it. If you ever decide to put on the L side pipes you will need to pick up the heat shields for the muffler and tailpipes too.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts