Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
We try hard to offer the lowest delivered price on all the tires we carry. In fact, we have a dedicated department that shops the competition to make sure we are indeed the cheapest delivered price out there. We are human though and some prices fall through the cracks. If you've found one lower, we want to know! We will beat our competitions lowest delivered price (unit price + freight). We won't be undersold! Just keep in mind that most of our competitors don't show you the total price until you're in their shopping cart. For an accurate comparison, be sure to add their additional shipping charges to their base price.

There are two ways to contact us about our low price guarantee. The fastest way is by calling us at 1.888.459.4080 or your local Discount Tire/America's Tire store. All of our sales agents have the necessary on-line tools to look up the cheaper price and ensure you're getting the best possible deal. You can also submit the cheaper price on our websites at Discount Tire Direct.com or DiscountTire.com (SEE THE EXAMPLE BELOW). We will contact you within 1 business day (excluding Sunday) after you submit the lower price.
Discount Tire has been in business for 50 years and we have built relationships with all of the top tire and wheel manufacturers. We take pride in offering the lowest prices, the most choices and the best customer service in the industry. With your help, we can continue ensuring the best possible pricing! We appreciate your continued support and the opportunity for your future business.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What is your cost on a pair of Kumho Ecsta SPT?

255/50/ZR/17

Delivered to 94568?
Thank you for the post.

We do not stock the 255/50-17 SPT at this time however we can order a set in for you. Our current mail order price is only $155.00 per tire with FREE delivery.

I recommend checking in with your local America's Tire as well to see what they can do for you on this set.

·
Registered
5,997 Posts
Thank you for the post.

We do not stock the 255/50-17 SPT at this time however we can order a set in for you. Our current mail order price is only $155.00 per tire with FREE delivery.

I recommend checking in with your local America's Tire as well to see what they can do for you on this set.
Can you match $135.00 with $29.51 shipping?
Has simple math passed you by Eric? $135 + $29.51 = $159.51 = more expensive than what Discount Tire charges.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
^ Yes, we can certainly do that. Give us a call when you are ready to order or PM us your full name and phone number and we'll have one of our salesman call you. 1.888.459.4080

·
Registered
298 Posts
looking for a 215/75/15 with a white wall. my local store said to check back in on monday (no WW in stock) and they quoted me at 89$ for a hankook if i recall.

wally world has it for 79.00 without a white wall.

id rather go with DT, any input?

thanks

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
looking for a 215/75/15 with a white wall. my local store said to check back in on monday (no WW in stock) and they quoted me at 89$ for a hankook if i recall.

wally world has it for 79.00 without a white wall.

id rather go with DT, any input?

thanks
There are a few different white wall tire models we offer via mail order in the 215/75-15 size. Here are the links with more details.

http://www.discounttiredirect.com/direct/findTireDetail.do?ra=searchTiresBySize.do&pc=10984&counter=1&ar=75&rd=15&sw=false&cs=215

http://www.discounttiredirect.com/direct/findTireDetail.do?ra=searchTiresBySize.do&pc=12288&counter=2&ar=75&rd=15&sw=false&cs=215

http://www.discounttiredirect.com/direct/findTireDetail.do?ra=searchTiresBySize.do&pc=11325&counter=3&ar=75&rd=15&sw=false&cs=215

If you have a Discount Tire or America's Tire in your area they should be able to order in any one of these models for you.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
And this is for any make right, not just Caprice specific tires right?
Correct. We guarantee the lowest out the door price on all the products we carry.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi,

I recently had ordered a priced match set of tires from my local Discount Tire store only to find out that they would NOT sell them to me as they were not approved for my rim width.

If you do a search you will see that several hundred people ,if not thousands are running this combo of a 285/40/17 on a stock Impala SS wheel. While I understand trying to do things by the book,my current set of Michelins have given me 50k plus miles in that size with no issues.

I have dealt with Discount tire for my last three sets of tires and am disappointed to have to shop elsewhere to get he tires I want.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Sorry to hear your frustration on buying tires but we take our customers safety very seriously. We want to sell you tires but more importantly we want to make sure you and your family are safe.

The proper wheel width for a 285/40R-17 tire is from 9 to 11.5 inches wide. If the wheel is outside those dimensions it could cause a failure.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I understand the limitations,it is however frustrating as I have run that tire for the last 10 years without any issue,and as I said,if you search this forum youll see that many people do.

That being said,what are your thoughts on a 275/50/17 on the same car? Looking on the Nitto site,it appears that the NT450 is taller and wider in that size,yet somehow approved for a rim as small as 8"?

Lastly,what is your experience with the NT450? From the specs it seems I would give up some dry performance compared to the NT555.

Thanks for taking the time to respond.

Cheers!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I understand the limitations,it is however frustrating as I have run that tire for the last 10 years without any issue,and as I said,if you search this forum youll see that many people do.

That being said,what are your thoughts on a 275/50/17 on the same car? Looking on the Nitto site,it appears that the NT450 is taller and wider in that size,yet somehow approved for a rim as small as 8"?

Lastly,what is your experience with the NT450? From the specs it seems I would give up some dry performance compared to the NT555.

Thanks for taking the time to respond.

Cheers!
I'm not a tire engineer so I don't know exactly how they determine their rim width recommendations but I do know they take into consideration how the tire flexes in its sidewall. A 275/50R17 should be narrower than a 285/40R17 and it has a taller sidewall as well.

I'd need to know the year of your Impala in order for me to look up the tire size recommendations. Generally speaking though the 275/50R17 is about 1.85" taller (calculated) than the 285/40R17. This is a pretty big difference and it may be too large for your vehicle.

The NT450 is an ultra high performance all season tire where as the NT555 is a ultra high performance summer tire. The NT555 will have better dry performance but the NT450 should last longer and will do better in adverse weather conditions.

·
Registered
10 Posts
The car is a 1995 Impala SS with factory 8.5" wheels. I believe the factroy tire is a 255/50/17 at about 27" tall. I find it looks quite small on the car(remember,these are BIG cars),the 285,while an inch shorter,did seem to fill out nicely on the stock wheel,but from a distance the still look a little short.

First choice would be the NT555,however if necessary I would give the NT450 a try.

Let me know what you think.

·
Premium Member
1,810 Posts
Does Discount Tire offer Falken tires?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
The car is a 1995 Impala SS with factory 8.5" wheels. I believe the factroy tire is a 255/50/17 at about 27" tall. I find it looks quite small on the car(remember,these are BIG cars),the 285,while an inch shorter,did seem to fill out nicely on the stock wheel,but from a distance the still look a little short.

First choice would be the NT555,however if necessary I would give the NT450 a try.

Let me know what you think.

The factory wheel and tire combo for your Impala doesn't take kindly to upgrades. Finding another tire that is wider than your factory tire and still close to 27" is practically impossible. I did a search in my system and the only size I can find is your factory 255/50R17 size. This size does have NT555's and NT450's available but it may not give you the wider look that you are wanting.

My recommendation, if you want to run a wider tire, would be to look into some wider aftermarket wheels. A wider 17" wheel or even a set of 18" wheels may open you up to some other tire options.

Jking1118, Yes we do sell Falken Tires. Here is the link to them:

http://www.discounttiredirect.com/direct/tires/falken/home.do

1 - 20 of 50 Posts