Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been curious about the B&B exhaust system for the Impala, but have not been able to locate much information on this.

B&B has some videos on their website with sounds of their exhaust systems on other cars. I like this one from a ride in the Z06:

http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=bbexhaust#p/u/11/YWqxZIie0Z0

Anyway, they don't have any sound clips for their (E-X-P-E-N-S-I-V-E) Impala SS system.

I searched around and contacted Ken Pauley who was one of the first to install a B&B system on an Impala.

He sent me these clips from 1997 (!) of his SS with stock exhaust and with the B&B.

I think that in the last part of the clip ("exhaust bark") you can hear the family resemblance to the Z06 system.

Greer Murphy
94 SS

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
I have heard this system in person and its nice.

Crazy high dollar action man, last time I checked it was $1,300.00 for the side exit. Kinda like the old Callaway pricing.

That is just way outta line for an exhaust system.

They are sweet looking for sure, all polished.

But if you dont mind the wallet hit, go for it.

·
Premium Member
584 Posts
Wow, thanks a lot for sharing this man. I've been trying to find a clip forever.

Do you know if this was with headers or stock manifolds?

·
Premium Member
584 Posts
^Thanks. All variations of the system go for $1,323(direct from B&B) as far as i know. Still a ridiculous amount of money but then again you could say the same about some of the sound systems, rims, interiors, etc that are on here.
96ssbbb, was there a noticeable gain with the addition of the H-pipe?
And to the OP are you thinking about getting one?

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Wow, thanks a lot for sharing this man. I've been trying to find a clip forever.

Do you know if this was with headers or stock manifolds?
Ken said this was recorded without headers.

^Thanks. All variations of the system go for $1,323(direct from B&B) as far as i know. Still a ridiculous amount of money but then again you could say the same about some of the sound systems, rims, interiors, etc that are on here.
96ssbbb, was there a noticeable gain with the addition of the H-pipe?
And to the OP are you thinking about getting one?
Yes, thinking, so far. How about you?

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I've had this system for about 5yrs. Side exit nice sound, not too loud. NO H-pipe, & NO X-pipe.
My understanding is that the B&B side exit lacks the resonator, whereas Ken's system was the rear exit with resonator.

Would be great to see/hear a video/sound clip of your system, for comparison with Ken's!

Thanks

·
Premium Member
584 Posts
I'll just leave these here. B&B's stealth setup and CIA Tri Ys. I'll try to get a good vid when its running.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Francis,

That is a beautiful system. The polished finish is awesome.

Looking forward to the video.

Greer

·
Registered
356 Posts
So.........is the car running yet? Just got my B&B a few days ago and am curious how it will sound with headers.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts