Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those like me that are running the Impala SS wheels with 255/50/17 tires and are looking for a spare that will fit in the rear wheel well on an Impala wheel. I finally found the perfect spare to use that is 26.75" in diameter with a 101W rating. The price is high, but not outrageous.
Goodyear's Eagle F1 GS-D3 - $169 at Tirerack. I have a Pirelli P6 rated at 97W in there right now.
The Goodyear would also be a good tire at Bonneville or other high speed straight line events where you want less rolling resistance, but still need the load rating to meet event specs.
David

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
The 95 1A2 SEO wagon came stock with 225/70/15 tires that were 27.4" tall and fit in the stock spare well really nice.
Impala SS tires are 27" diameter just slightly smaller, but the original spare works great as a spare, they are inexpensive and you don't need to buy a new wheel.
Rich

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That is a very good point about the 225/70/15. That is the spare that I used until I got the Baer GT brakes. With the big brakes I need a spare that can also be used as a spare for the front.
I forgot to put in the size. 225/55/17 XL.
David

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Originally posted by 5DR LT1:
I forgot to put in the size. 225/55/17 XL.
I thought maybe you had found a different size since I knew you were using the 225/55/17. After seeing this and re-reading your first post, the lightbulb finally went on and I realized the load rating was the key.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.