Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for the black rubber/felt molding that attaches to the top of the door panel. It is stapled onto the door panel and must be in excellent condition. It seems that either side of the front doors should work but not certain so drivers side is preferred. The one i have has a small chunk missing and would like to replace it if I can find a better one which in all honesty would need to be perfect.

Reply with price delivered to Las Vegas...

Thanks

·
Registered
6,864 Posts
Called a "dew-wipe",or dew strip. L&R are in fact the same. Good luck.

·
Premium Member
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the info with the part number. Are you sure this is for the interior? Looking at the diagram in the link below, it is placed where it looks like it is the exterior molding. Any way to verify?

It is item #2 in the diagram towards the top right.
GM Diagram

Here the description states SEALING STRIP,FRT S/D WDO INR. Required: 02
For: B (1994-1996) (1994 - 1996). INR should mean inner so I think yours is the correct part. The placement in the first diagram makes it appear as it would be on the outside.

Funny that the part also shows HND: HANDLE-INSIDE L.H. DOOR AND LOCK RELEASE SEO DR HDL(6N1) which is the very first mod I did to the car! Didn't like having to manually unlock the door, so the SEO 6n1 was perfect although I don't seem to lock the doors much anyhow :) It would be nice if the locked automatically like most other cars!

·
Registered
3,448 Posts
Part #2 in this diagram. Notice how when its listed it says "part of 3" #3 is the door panel and says "includes 2,4,7,10 & 36"

·
Premium Member
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks again for the info. I called around to some upholstery shops who said they can rivet in a new piece rather than staple and should have the right piece. I'll let you know if I will need your part but seems that I'm all set.

Thanks

·
Registered
1994 Impala SS
7 Posts
Not sure if you are interested but I have a complete passenger side door skin. Can send pics if interested. $100 plus shipping.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts