Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone able to fit four 15's in there trunk? Looking for ideas on how to fit em in my 96 SS. These trunks are not as big as I thought they'd be.

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Anyone able to fit four 15's in there trunk? Looking for ideas on how to fit em in my 96 SS. These trunks are not as big as I thought they'd be.
Yes you have a PM.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I only went with 3 15's but there probably is a way I would think. Just takes a crafty idea to make it all work. I assume you want to make a lot of bass with 4 15's but a large ported enclosure will eat up the trunk real estate quick fast and in a hurry.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I know you can squeeze 3 of em in there, but I want to shake the man's hand that squeezed 4 in there?? Lol

·
9,190 Posts
4-15s

4-15s 1

Attachments

·
9,190 Posts
4-15s

the box was over 10 cubic feed if I recall correctly it was 10.60ish with out the port

Attachments

·
9,190 Posts
the idea was to have a LID, yea well that didn't last long, I had 44 wood screws /glue and weather stripping in the lid to the box frame, and the 4/ 15s broke the lid to ****

amps were mounted on both sides, was pushing 1500 watts to the 4 15's and 800 watts to all highs/mids ranges

it sounds ****ing amazing.... about 6 months later the weather stripping on my trunk gave out and rain got in the amps and ****ed up my amps.

I then choose to bag the car and build a smaller system (that has been a nightmare but that's a different story )

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
At least it's nice to know someone's attempted it. Lol its not the most beautiful sight in the world but it did it's job right lol. I guess im going to have to give up on this one and just run 3 of em. Only bc I need room for the 3 amps and Matrix and batteries. O well :(

·
Registered
7 Posts
I'm running 3 15 Fosgate T2's Sealed, off a T2500-1 BDCP a 400-4 to Hertz MLK 2 TW components up front and some Fosgate T3652-S components in the rear. I'll snap some pics when the weather around here is nicer.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'm running 3 15 Fosgate T2's Sealed, off a T2500-1 BDCP a 400-4 to Hertz MLK 2 TW components up front and some Fosgate T3652-S components in the rear. I'll snap some pics when the weather around here is nicer.
Now i can't wait to see it :)

·
9,190 Posts
I called fosgate and used an online calculator that helps with port and tune but it was useless as the lid broke for me.

if the lid was functional the tune was for 32 hertz

·
9,190 Posts
Now i can't wait to see it :)
It looked good when I was all done with, I had both amps on the sides, they would light up.

its not as good as what Jimmy can do but I built it and I was proud **** hit hard.....

I found out my car had some bondo on it :)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Finally got around to taking pics of the trunk... while I was making a video of my marauders new exhaust note I looked over at the impala and remembered I said I would take pics. So here are pics lol

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Cool thanks :)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts