Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alrite, whenever i make sharp turns (entering & exiting parking spaces, turning around in the driveway, etc.) I hear this clunking sound in the front suspension that sounds like something is gonna come apart under there...It gives me goosebumps every time it happens. It only seems to happen when the wheels are turned all the way in either direction. Anyone have any idea what it might be?
:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Thats probably your ball joints. If they break while you're in motion, it could get expensive fast!!! Moog makes some superior duty stuff. A while back, I saw a post from a guy claiming to have the Brick House suspension setup, that made the Moog parts look cheezy. cant help you further than that.

I bought all my moog stuff from NAISSO.

-D.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I just noticed the model year of your car. There is the likely hood that you have the 5/8" ball joints instead of the 9/16" ones. Check your part numbers before ordering.
-D.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I still had the sound after I did an almost complete front-end rebuild, so I would also reccommend the center-link too if the complete kit doesn't have one!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Try greasing your steering stops. They are the metal tabs rivoted on the lower A arms. If you turn the wheels side to side, you'll see where they stop. A nice coat of grease should cure that.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.