Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I would like to remove the all the carpet in the front portion of the car, from front driver/passenger sides to basically right under the seats (with the seat all the way to rearward position), and replace it with the best two high quality, durable, heavy duty easy to clean mats possible, while still somehow retaining the temperature, and sound dampening benefits of carpet.
My reasoning is i just hate cloth in high usage areas...(seats, front/driver floor etc.)
Whats the best way to do this?

Thanks

·
Registered
8,203 Posts
If reading this right, you don't favor the dirt/germ catching tendencies of cloth (carpet?) Instead of the most destructive solution, why not shampoo the rug real well once and just grab any one of the many mats available from Griots Garage or Auto Sports Specialties types stores, nice pricey jute, cocoa, even all the vinyl options from Weathertech. Other than that the tranny hump and door sills aren't that "hi-traffic" after all.

·
Premium Member
586 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
You're going to want insulation, regardless. The factory rubber floors in 9C1 cars use the jute material insulation. Without it, it would get pretty warm in there!

·
Registered
8,203 Posts
Mr. -HONCHO, what did you end up with?

·
Registered
11,217 Posts
There is a 9C1 in the yard here that has the rubber floor. It would not be expensive, but shipping could be a little salty.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Rubber mats

Mr. -HONCHO, what did you end up with?
Just ended up cleaning all the floors carpets real good, then getting a set of cheap mats off ebay (2 front mats, and a large one piece mat for the rear) for like 20 bucks....:laugh:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts