Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a brand new set of Moog front coil springs, part # 5044. I checked Moog website and said it could be used for both Caprice and Impala SS. Didn't they have different springs on both cars? Does anyone have a more detailed description of this part #?

V

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Yes, they did. They actually had 6 different handling packages (different front and/or rear springs) in the B-body. Click here for more info.

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Originally posted by JZ9C1LT1:
I have a brand new set of Moog front coil springs, part # 5044. I checked Moog website and said it could be used for both Caprice and Impala SS. Didn't they have different springs on both cars?
Like camchief1 said, there were diff ones from the factory, but it is also true what Moog says- they can be used for either. All b-body (and D body) springs are interchangeable.

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
This sucks! The Moog site is so generic, who knows what kind of ride height anyone will get with these springs. Since Impala SS/Caprices came with more that 2 types of springs ratings, how can you figure out what spring rate these springs are? :confused:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts