Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone:

So, the rubber seal on the chrome trim that goes around the front door window started lifting and then ripped off. Any idea if these are being made? Can the rubber seal itself be replaced?

Here's the trim I speak of:

Thanks.

Constantine

·
Premium Member
2,755 Posts
No such critter to be had that I am aware of. The rubber/plastic on the chrome itself around the windows on both of mine is starting to lift, too. I'm thinking I am going to silicone (very carefully) around the trum, and try plastidip on the rest...

·
Registered
7,982 Posts
Hi Everyone:

So, the rubber seal on the chrome trim that goes around the front door window started lifting and then ripped off. Any idea if these are being made? Can the rubber seal itself be replaced?

Here's the trim I speak of:

Thanks.

Constantine
Been there myself, this thread should help ya and give a little more explanation of the issue/cause.

http://www.impalassforum.com/vBulletin/showthread.php?t=352337

The piece that I glued down is still holding up well but I do have a spare set from Fred if it ever fails completely. Check with Fred as he may be able to hook you up with some used NOS parts or you could just try to re-glue the part.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the replies, guys!

I'll try to adhesive down what's left, then try to replace what broke off with something similar. If I find rubber that works, I'll post up here too.

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
2,755 Posts
I did the adhesive on my green Fleet. It held about a year. When it lifted the next time it was gone before I got home. That car has been sitting in the garage now for two years. I need to do some experimenting and see what I can accomplish with careful masking and silicone while it's just sitting around.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts