Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 94 9C1 has hight miles, and the front end had alot of play and wander. Goal... to tighten up front end. I did this by replacing badly worn tie rods, installing polly bushings on new stablerizer links, getting an alignment done at Fire Stone center, and taking a 3/4 turn on the steering box adjuster bolt. Now I know that everybody has an oppinion as to how I could of and should of done this differently, but the bottom line is my car cutting corners like it never has before. And total cost under $100.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I just did the Roadmaster on Monday. I replaced the inner/outer tie-rods, adjusting sleeves, shocks, center link and idler arm. Total cost for the project was $200. I used a combination of Moog and TRW suspension parts. The parts store had two listings for Monroe SensaTrac, a standard and heavy duty. I chose the HD shock and am VERY happy with the ride. The carhas alot less float than it had before.

I also replaced the tires and had an alignment done. The car feels much more stable now, it feels like a new car. Well.... new to me at least.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.