Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, here is the problem that I have. I have a negative 2 degree camber on bought sides of my car with hardly no shims. I also have a positive 8 degree caster. What is the cause of this? How can I fix this? I can't get an alignment with this camber problem. I recently changed out the upper arms and put the shims in just as I took them out. The tires were leaning in before I put the new arms on the car, so it's not that. I also raised the car back up to stock position. Any ideas or suggestions?

Rustic, if you are reading this, I still haven't recieved those springs. PM me to let me know if you sent them.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
The springs went out quite a while ago... I'll check the tracking info and let you know.

You may have an issue with frame sag. Lowering the car a bit will help as it makes the upper arms effectively longer. They are longest (most positive camber) when they are parallel to the ground.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I took the car to a frame shop. The guy told me I needed to have a "crossmember spread." Never heard of this. When the car was dropped, I did hit a few things in the road. He told me that the crossmember had taken a good beating and that was more than likely my problem. He told me he could fix the crossmember plus do an alignment for $400-$450. Is this a good deal? Could this be the problem?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.