Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going to offer 2 kits... one for the steering components and one complete.

#1 - Steering $140 shipped
2 inner tie rods
2 outer tie rods
2 adjuster sleeves
1 center link
1 idler arm

#2 - Complete front end $225 shipped
All 8 parts listed in kit #1
2 Lower ball joints (9/16 or 5/8)
2 Upper ball joints
All 8 control arm bushings (stock rubber)

#2 kit with Energy Suspension poly bushings
$260 shipped

For anyone that buys one of the above kits I can add the following Energy Suspension parts for $55:
ES end links
ES upper and lower bump stops
ES sway bar mounts

You can PM me or email me or respond here with your selections... including the size BJ you need and the thickness of your swaybar.. I will then send you an electronic invoice.

Orders can be paid with check, MO or PayPal (for credit cards). If PayPal is used, please add 3% to cover fees.

These prices will be good until the end of November.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Scott:
Do you want me to bring your kit to SSHS? What size ball joints do you need?

So how is this kit different from Zack's PPM kit for $399?
My kits use suspensions parts from Dana/Spicer.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Chris,

For a street-driven car, I'm sure the standards are ok. Is there a difference in feel on the street, hi-energy vs std?

Thanks,
Scott

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
For a street-driven car, I'm sure the standards are ok. Is there a difference in feel on the street, hi-energy vs std?
I'm a little confused by this question :confused:
Are you talking about bushings?
If so... there is a feel difference between the Poly and the standard rubber. The poly are more firm... although most people are impressed with new rubber bushings too. We tend to forget what the car felt like new... and the rubber gets soft over time so we fade into it.

As I said above, I need to know what size ball joints you need.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
OK , how am i supposed to know my ball joint size i believe that i really need this kit because my frontt end has my car all over the road.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
OK , how am i supposed to know my ball joint size i believe that i really need this kit because my frontt end has my car all over the road.
The only sedans that would have the 5/8 in stock form are the mid 95 production through the end of 96 9C1's.

You can measure the diameter of the ball joint stud if you aren't sure.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Sorry for the delay. I have read and am still lost. :confused: Is the #2 a complete kit? I need a complete kit for a 92 Caprice wagon. How do I know what fits? Also, I was looking at the PST kit before this. How do the 2 compare? I'd like to buy from you to support this site :D Sorry about all the newbie questions and thanks for the help.

DJ

G

·
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Sorry for the delay. I have read and am still lost. Is the #2 a complete kit? I need a complete kit for a 92 Caprice wagon. How do I know what fits? Also, I was looking at the PST kit before this. How do the 2 compare?
The term "complete" can mean a few different things when you talk about the front end. All the parts that come in the kit are listed in the first post of this thread.
Your 92 wagon will have the 9/16 LBJ unless it has been modified.
The PST kit is probably very similar... but I have never compared them part for part.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
#2 kit with Energy Suspension poly bushings
$260 shipped

For anyone that buys one of the above kits I can add the following Energy Suspension parts for $55:
ES end links
ES upper and lower bump stops
ES sway bar mounts

I think I am going this route
IS there any way to get this without the centerlink? Not so sure I need to replace it but do want everything else. Please PM me a price and thanks again for your time.

DJ

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.