Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can anyone make some suggestions on what parts to buy and where to buy them? I going to replace the bushings,shocks,springs and some steering parts.

thanks in advance
catdaddy

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Here's a place to start Discussion #823. There have been lots of discussions about rebuilding the front end, parts list, where to buy.

I followed the advise of those in that discussion and bought from Discount Auto Parts and paid about $431.00, shipped, not including the idler arm that I already replaced.

Good luck on your project.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Another place to buy the Moog parts is RockAuto.com. Good prices and fast service.

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Rockauto worked for me! Ordered Buick center link and tie rods from them no problem. I can drive straight down the road now!!!! :D

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well I'm ready for the front rebuild and thanks for the MOOG part #'s. I'll price them on both summit and Disscount, and on the USMC Base. With no tax it might save a little for a better brake up grade.
If any one has a better price for this rebuild let me know. I also want to go with Pol-Bushings what company would you recommend?
Come back Auotocrosser.

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No polys unless you are deaf

squeak squeak squeak squeak

For the control arm bushings, get the Del-a-lums from Global West. No they aren't cheap, but they ARE the best and the Polys (let alone rubber) aren't even close. It's mod money well spent.

We did fast_ss1's car this weekend with new upper/lower arms in front (stock arms) with Del-a-lums and new balljoints. Those were the ONLY changes made to the car. And it is an absolute night-and-day difference in the transient response to steering inputs!

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I can attest to that. Man what a difference! I was really suprised with how much it changed the feel of the steering and the way the car reacts to steering imput.
Even if you don't race the car and all you do it cruise it you will knotice a difference and it is a good thing.
Plus they look really cool ;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts