Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After rebuilding the entire front suspension on my 9C1, I'm having issues with the front end sitting too high. I haven't tightened any of the control arm bolts yet, and I am running Del-Alum bushings so binding shouldn't even be an issue. I've also checked the alignment of the springs (stock 9C1) and they look good. Is there anything else I'm missing? I've removed roughly 100 lbs. from the front end (bumper, A/C and swap to aluminum heads), but does this seem like it would be enough to get the front end up in the air? Should I be thinking about cutting on the springs to get back to the proper height?

·
Registered
806 Posts
After rebuilding the entire front suspension on my 9C1, I'm having issues with the front end sitting too high. I haven't tightened any of the control arm bolts yet, and I am running Del-Alum bushings so binding shouldn't even be an issue. I've also checked the alignment of the springs (stock 9C1) and they look good. Is there anything else I'm missing? I've removed roughly 100 lbs. from the front end (bumper, A/C and swap to aluminum heads), but does this seem like it would be enough to get the front end up in the air? Should I be thinking about cutting on the springs to get back to the proper height?
are these the same 9c1 springs you were running before? or did you put on newer ones? did you do the rebuild yourself? the guy that did mine had my stabilizer bar on upside down lol

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I did the rebuild myself and reused the stock springs. I disconnected the sway bar, but it was not the problem. Right now it looks like it's sitting at least 1 or 2 inches high.

·
Registered
714 Posts
Bushings need to settle. Tighten em up, drive around for a few miles, loosen and retorque with weight on the ground. Repeat!

·
Premium Member
2,874 Posts
Hope that this does not sound stupid but I have seen it happen.
Make sure that the swaybar is not upside down.

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The sway bar is disconnected at the moment so its definitely not the cause. The bushings are Del-Alums, so there is no chance they are binding.

I unbolted the shocks to see how much travel I could get out of the front end by jumping on the bumper, and there was a good deal of movement. I think my last option is to pull the front springs and cut a coil or two to get the front end down 3-4".

1 - 6 of 6 Posts