Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a question on the front speaker templates. Will they work in a Fleetwood also? I pulled the door panels off and I thnk the door looked different than the caprice/impala did. But I didn't have one beside me to compare it to. I have 5.25" separates from the factory. I want to put 6.5's in there. Is the front door the same on the Caddy's? It has the 5.25 mounted in a plastic enclosure, similar to the way the 4x6 was mounted in my old 96 9c1. But I don't know if was exactly the same. It's been a while...

So... will they work? :confused: If so, I'll do them this weekend.
Thanks!

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Not sure but when we did Erik's (SSRM) Roadmaster the tmeplate worked and I think the RM has the same separates that you have. If you can take a picture of the door panel off I can tell you for sure. In Erik's, we put a 6 1/2" Focal in the door, no depth problems whatsoever.

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I could take a pic, but I don't want to be pulling the door panel off and on more than I need to. It is very flimsy with the leather covering, it's not hard plastic like the imp/cap's are. I'm afraid I'd be pushing my luck and ruin it removing it too many times... I just wanted to do it one more time when I replaced the speakers... I didn't get a warm fuzzy feeling pulling it apart to put the pioneer *cough* *junk* *cough* speakers in there... It felt as though it was ripping apart when I was popping the panel off...

If you do need a pic to answer the question, then I can get one this weekend...

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
By looking at the OUTSIDE of your door, I will take a stab and give you a 90% probability of it being the same. I could be wrong.

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok. I'll take a pic and post it tonight.
Do you have any pics of the imp's bare door (without the panel)? That way I can see if mine looked the same?

Thanks! :D

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Looks almost the same as the Roadmaster. 99% sure it will work on your car.

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks Hack. I'll try 'em this weekend if the weather is nice.

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
wow there is alot of room in those doors. i bet you could put a set of 8's or 10's in an enclosure just in the door. that would be awesome for midrange. i need a fleetwood, wish they were cheaper.

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It's the SAME DOOR. There is no difference under the panel from 91-96.

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Here are some pics of my doors for comparison:

Bare driver's side door, minus some stock metal.

Passenger's side door with Dynamat and Focal 3-way... 6.5" and 4" are clearly visible, while the tweeter is mounted forward of the door handle (factory tweeter location). Bill, it looks like your Fleetwood got the same "premium" sound system I got, with the separate components in front. My stock mid was 6.5" though, also in a plastic enclosure.

The passenger's side door with panel on. Does the Fleetwood not have pockets in its doors? :confused: That's a bit surprising!

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SSRM:
Does the Fleetwood not have pockets in its doors? :confused: That's a bit surprising!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah! Tell me about it. This car has ZERO storage space! I was so bummed when I went to "move in" to it when I bought it. There was no place for any of my stuff. I have the center console/fold down arm rest, but that's it. :( I've been considering looking for other door panels. Do you know of anybody who makes decent door pockets I could add to the bottoms of my doors? :confused:

Oh, and thanks for those pics... Looks like the templates will work for me.

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Looks like the Roadmaster door panels might work on your car. Getting the color to match might be a bitch though.

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
SSRM,
How do you like those Focals? Mine absolutely kick ass! I have the 165K2s.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts