Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am planning to put a set of suspension techniques springs in the front only.For those of you with the ST springs,did you have to cut or replace the bumpstops?It would really suck to have the springs put on and then on the way home find out I screwed up my car because i didnt do something in preparation.Do I have to do anything special for the springs to go in or simply have the shop put them in and give me an alignment?Any comments appreciated,thanks->Brian

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
As far as the springs go just make sure they install them right side up and that the end of the spring is between the two drain holes on the lower A-arm. Yoy might want to pick up a couple of insolators too(a rubber circle that goes between the spring and frame)
Tony

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Brian, you'll definitely need to have them trim the bump stops in half. The ride will be super harsh otherwise, 'cause you won't have enough shock travel.

Wait about two weeks (for the springs to settle) before you get an alignment, otherwise you'll be doing it twice. HTH.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.