Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Going to install my new front springs tonight along with shocks...

I am using this method to remove and install front springs. "The springs were very easy to remove and you don't even need a spring compressor if you use the technique of jacking up on the control arm, and removing the two bolts that attach the arm to the front crossmember, and then lowering the jack to release the control arm and subsequently the spring. It will literally fall out! The swaybar does have to be disconnected first (but not removed), and the front shocks have to be removed before starting."

Does anyone think I will need an alignment afterwards? I'm not changing anything else but springs and shocks.

Also, did your Vogtlands come in black? or purple like the web shows?

TIA!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes. The location of your balljoints and spindle in relation to the pivot points on the frame will now be in a different location at ride height. You will need to get it re-aligned to adjust for the change after you get the install finished.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Originally posted by threeimpalas:
Yes. The location of your balljoints and spindle in relation to the pivot points on the frame will now be in a different location at ride height. You will need to get it re-aligned to adjust for the change after you get the install finished.
Ahhh now that makes some sense. Thanks.

As for Vogtland springs are they black in color?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
There really sholdn't be much "settle" in the springs... the drive to the shop should put them where they need to be.

I have had a couple of people ask about the color... all the ones i have had have been black. Maybe I sould make a note of that on the web-page.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.