Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I honestly tried the search and didn't get any hits. Here's the question. I looked at the left end of my front stabilizer bar where it ties into the control arms using a long (6-8-inch) bolt/nut and some spacers/bushings, and to my suprise, the nut has worked its way very loose on the shaft. Now it seems it's rusted itself and won't turn or tighten. Also the bushings and spacer seem worn. Has anyone ever replaced the shaft, nut, bushings, washers, etc? FSM says you have to raise up the car, but that appears to torque the stabilizer bar and put stress on the bolt that holds it to the control arms.
Are all of these wear parts sold as a kit?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
The parts are easy to come by... what you're looking for is called and endlink kit.
The most common/popular is the Energy Suspension kit that can be had at most AutoZone type stores... they won't always have them in stock probably... but they can get them for you.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Energy Suspension [Polyurethane] End Link Kit(includes both sides) will greatly improve cornering = less front body roll.
:eek: NOTE: With vehicle at ride height[full weight of car on suspension], ONLY tighten nuts until bushings just start to bulge!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Has anyone tried or can vouch for quality of the GMperformance version, 88912214 ? It's ~$15 from Dal, per link set, so you'd need two. The Energy suspension part is about $18 a piece at Autozone. Just wondering about comparison of quality?

brad

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I don't think you will notice the difference between the two. Dal always has great prices... but remember that if you buy localy you don't have to pay shipping and handling.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
There's one more I forgot to ask about. Moog makes a end link kit as well - would they be on about the same level?

RS

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I"m pretty sure the Moog part is just a stock replacement... meaning the bushings will just be rubber instead of the firmer parts in the ES or GMPP kits.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Actually, I just went and looked at the Moog part at Carquest a few minutes ago K6630. There are two versions: OEM and problem solver (heavy duty). The latter has blue polyurethane busings, and that was the only one Carquest had in stock. I'm waiting for Autozone to ship the Energy Suspension parts, so I can compare. BTW, got them for $13.99 for the pair - price match from JEGS. The Moog parts are $10.99 a piece, and the GMPP are about $16 a piece, not to mention shipping.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I don't know if this relates to what those HD[Blue] Moog End Link Bushings are ACTUALLY made of, but last year I spoke with a tech at Federal-Mogul[parent Co. of Moog] about material used in their Sway Bar to Frame Bushings[btw, they're Blue too],
I was told they're made of, hard Thermo Plastic{TP}.

I have no idea, if there is one, whether there is an advantage between the two[Polyurethane vs Thermo Plastic]?

Could be, what Moog is calling TP, is Polyurethane? :confused:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.