Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Mine has been off since ImpalaFest (Oct 03) I also had very narrow tires on the front until last week. I will be putting the stock swaybars back on soon though.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
handling was crappy with the skinny tires with or without the front bar, wait, I ha the endlinks disconnected when I put those on, so nevermind.

It's not nearly as bad with the wider stock size tires on.

And I don't remember the weight. Ask Defiant on here since he took it home from ImpalaFest.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
actually, he bought my 2nd Gen WS6 bar. My stock one is in storage now. I'll try to remember to weight it before putting it back on.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I haven't had my front bar on in since September, however, mine is not a daily driver. I also have HAL QA1s and adjust them to stiffen the fronts a bit.

Caution, you must be very careful because you can get squirrelly real fast if you goose it in a turn.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
mine has been a daily driver since I got it abotu 4 years ago except for the times when it was broke

if it weren't my daily driver, it would also be in the 12s

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I don't have mine, but i have bags. Don't know if that makes a difference.

I can only tell if a heavy person sits on my car, it will lean more.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
When you disconnect a front bar for the drags do you just remove it where the bushings attach to the frame or take it off the end links as well?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
If you just want to do it for the drag strip, just take one of the endlinks off. I ran my car with both endlinks off for a few months, then just took the entire bar off and sold it.

Ed is probably thinking I'm a loon about now

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I've been driving my Caprice with broken end links for a few months now and at high speed the car does get a little unstable. I have new shocks but used springs, if a load of people are in the car it gets worse. I still have the rear sway bar on but doing high speed turns is not one thing I would do. Still debating to remove sway bar completely since I will be drag racing more frequently this year. There is a big difference with and without front sway bar at high speed but normal drivig just a little more roll.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Billet, just take the endlinks off and let the brackets hold the bar up. If you don't like how it feels, just put the endlinks back on. VERY EASY TO DO! :D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.