Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello. I'm pretty much completely rebuilding my front suspension and am changing my front upper control arms from Original to Moog. I'm doing this change because I want to eliminate the potential of bent control arms. I'm also skipping the job of replacing ball joints and bushings on the cross shafts. Question. Moog uppers here are complete out the box minus the bump stops. I have the old but thought purchasing new would be best. Rockauto only offers this type of bumpmstop from energy suspension. Why would I choose red over black? Is there any squeezing problems or anything like that? My car will be having new hotchkis fronts with billsteins. Thanks.
Grey Font Automotive exterior Metal Jewellery

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just got done wrestling with this bump stop. Although flexible, it's revealing cracking too. Advisable to replace unless you really want your money's worth. Though good luck exchanging them later.
Hood Automotive tire Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Grey
Automotive tire Grey Tints and shades Bumper Asphalt
Automotive tire Grey Artifact Tints and shades Art

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Moog skimped on the castle nut size. Original is much beefier. Note the stud is the same diameter. I'm using my original. Why not?
Automotive lighting Camera lens Digital camera Grey Reflex camera

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Wider nuts is all on this area. Same diameter thread. more to grab with a wrench. Note, Moog told me on the phone to loosen these up and retighten after loading the vehicle like the other parts suspension work to keep from twisting rubber bushings.
Automotive tire Wood Gas Bumper Tire

1 - 6 of 6 Posts