Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So a while back I slapped civy seats in my 94 9C1.

I used the rails from the old seats. Nothing was wrong with the old seats, except the driver seat back rest was crooked. I'm sure some of you know what I'm talking about-the seat looked like a 400lb Officer sat in it 14 hours a day and bent it backwards on one side.

Anyway, the civy seats do not slide as far back as the originals.

I do not have the rails that came with the civys.

Do I modify the civy seats by drilling holes or something?

I'm looking at just having the driver seat fixed, either that or try and do it myself if it even can be done.

·
Registered
11,051 Posts
First off, how much difference is there is the movement? If it is only and inch, you may be able to drill new holes in the base. After that, you will probably need to put more metal on the base to extend the seat back further. You can not modify the movement of the rails.

·
Premium Member
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
First off, how much difference is there is the movement? If it is only and inch, you may be able to drill new holes in the base.
I dont know the exact difference but these seats feel like I'm greater than an inch on the dash than the old ones.

Also, the passenger seat slides back at an agle causing the side on the door to make contact with the pillar.

·
Registered
11,051 Posts
Your passenger's seat either has a broken track, or slider.

You could put new bolts through from the bottom of the floorpan for the driver's seat. You have to weld them in place to keep them from falling when you try to position the seat for tightening.

·
Premium Member
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The holes for differenr positions are pre-drilled? Or is there a place marked for drilling?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 5 of 5 Posts