Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Soooo, After cam install & during some engine diagnostics, car ended up with a rod knock. 112,xxx miles.

Car drove great prior to making noise and has a lot of new parts. I bought in 2015 w/92,000 miles. Most of the parts have less than 10,000 miles on them unless otherwise noted.

Car is in good shape with no rot. Wheel wells are rusty-no rot-no holes. Wheel well moldings are all intact no rust. Interior is good-ok shape. Dash is NOT cracked but was modified for the Etchus double din kit.

UMI adjustable rear control arms (poly/poly and roto-joint)
Yukon posi- 3.73 yukon gears-ARP (?) cap studs -Trick flow cover
ARP rear wheel studs
Aluminum Drive shaft (cv driveshaft)
UMI d/s loop
Mike Harris cross member w/poly trans mount
Vigilante 3200 stall converter(bought used from forum) - Sonnax trans kit
Power stop calipers and pads (all 4- ~ 1000 miles)
SS brake hoses
New Corvette starter
New alternator
Corvette valve covers (bought used)
Hellwig 1 3/8" hollow sway bar
Mike Harris aluminum front bumper
CIA Tri-Y headers and cats (headers were purchased used, sandblasted and had headers coated) / pypes x-pipe/ flowmaster/ dynomax oa pipes / CIA 2.5" to 3" polished SS turndowns
Hurst line-lock
Gary's battery cables and headlight wiring upgrade
Racetronix hot wire kit

I'm sure there is more I am forgetting, $3500 - bring a trailer / cash and make me an in person offer.

currently located in Morganville, NJ - If I still have the car in 3 months(?) when I move- I suppose I will keep 'er.

PM, call or text with any questions

Thanks,

Chuck

I will get some pictures up in the next day or two.

·
Premium Member
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry for not getting pics posted. Texting pictures as requested. Color is DCM btw.

car is still available - $3200 OBO.

Thanks
Chuck

·
Premium Member
2,688 Posts
Curious since its a Jersey car, how is the undercarriage? The two 9C1's that I owned both rotted from underneath from the rad support to the gas tank straps.

·
Premium Member
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Curious since its a Jersey car, how is the undercarriage? The two 9C1's that I owned both rotted from underneath from the rad support to the gas tank straps.
The floor pans underneath have some rust but is all solid. My intentions were to por15 the wheel wells just never got around to it, they are rusty with no rot.
While the radiator was out for cam swap I cleaned up/wire wheeled the radiator support and por15/painted. Last year when I did the fuel pump I cleaned up and painted the straps and I recently acquired a set of very clean straps from a Florida car which will come with car if purchased.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts