Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Selling a 1998 Chevrolet Corvette for a friend. I've driven the car, and it drives like a new car. He's going overseas for a few years, and he'd rather the car be enjoyed than sit in storage. Current Mods are a Vararam Cold Air Intake, Corsa exhaust, and C6 Wheels with less than 5000 miles on the tires. The clear is fading on the top of the drivers side fender, should be a easy fix for any body man. Other than that, this car has the normal small knicks on the front end. The body is otherwise clean and free of defects. Asking price is 13500 OBO (reasonable offer!!)

PM or email me if interested. quentinlamar at gmail dot com.

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
how did it get so beat up after only 74k miles? seats torn/worn/cracked, fender and door faded etc etc?

·
Premium Member
2,195 Posts
Thats typical for some low mile cars V8killer.

Short mile trips,sometimes just back and forth to work will wear seats more than a high miler you don't get in and out of as much.

The color,wheels,and milage more than compensate for the blemishes at this price.

It's a good deal,wish I were closer.

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
how did it get so beat up after only 74k miles? seats torn/worn/cracked, fender and door faded etc etc?
Well the original owner didn't take very good care of the leather (moisturizing it, etc). The hole in the side bolster came from the owner sliding over it. The fender and door are faded from the prior owner getting it repaired due to some scratches and dings. Whoever painted it sucks at life and the clear is fading. Are you interested?

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
let me put 2 and 2 together to see if i come up with 4 on this i'll let you know, i gotta find out what it takes to bring this back to pristine condition vs buying one that's already in that condition ( and not an east coast car).

is there any rust? by rust i mean even a hint of the slightest surface rust that would come off with a scotch brite, i consider that rust (being from west coast). close up pictures of underside, engine bay?

Smoker, non smoker?

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
let me put 2 and 2 together to see if i come up with 4 on this i'll let you know, i gotta find out what it takes to bring this back to pristine condition vs buying one that's already in that condition ( and not an east coast car).

is there any rust? by rust i mean even a hint of the slightest surface rust that would come off with a scotch brite, i consider that rust (being from west coast). close up pictures of underside, engine bay?

Smoker, non smoker?
There is a little on the 2 bars under the front of the car from what I can remember from last time I changed the oil. Oh, and oil pressure sender needs to be replaced. I forgot to add that to the initial listing. I can try and get pics this weekend since I'm working at the shop. I can take some close up pics of the underside and engine bay also. The owner is trying really hard to sell it, but in the same sense, he isn't trying to give it away. I'll def try and get some pics this weekend for you though.

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thats typical for some low mile cars V8killer.

Short mile trips,sometimes just back and forth to work will wear seats more than a high miler you don't get in and out of as much.

The color,wheels,and milage more than compensate for the blemishes at this price.

It's a good deal,wish I were closer.
Thanks, I appreciate the vote of confidence. I would even go as far as to purchase a carfax for someone genuinely interested in buying the vehicle.

·
Registered
1,729 Posts

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I know. I hadn't forgotten about you. I'll try and get them tomorrow. Today was a hellish 12 hour shift at the shop.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts