Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
SOLD (FS: 96 (and others?) steering parts)

I bought all-new tie rod ends, adjusters, idler arm, and center link for my '96 9C1 like, 15 years ago. A week later, on friday the 13th, my employer announced they were shutting down and then the engine lost a rod bearing on my way home. It was a crappy day. :D

In any event, I was cleaning up the garage last week and noticed the pile of parts. I don't have a Caprice sedan now, but someone probably does. And I'm pretty sure O'Reilly won't just let me return parts they don't sell any more. As such, if someone can use this stuff, let me know. I'm thinking like $50? I'm just outside of Bloomington, IL, so someone can come pick them up or pay for shipping.

*edit - not sure why pictures didn't attach, but here: https://photos.app.goo.gl/4WmAyebafT4hEM7F9

·
Registered
10,918 Posts
The lower ball joints will probably not fit. The 96 9C1 has larger lower BJs than the wagons, and other B-bodies. If you can get a pair of lower arms from a 96 9C1, you can use the BJs.

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
I bought all-new tie rod ends, adjusters, idler arm, and steering linkage for my '96 9C1 like, 15 years ago. A week later, on friday the 13th, my employer announced they were shutting down and then the engine lost a rod bearing on my way home. It was a crappy day. :D

In any event, I was cleaning up the garage last week and noticed the pile of parts. I don't have a Caprice sedan now, but someone probably does. And I'm pretty sure O'Reilly won't just let me return parts they don't sell any more. As such, if someone can use this stuff, let me know. I'm thinking like $50? I'm just outside of Bloomington, IL, so someone can come pick them up or pay for shipping.

*edit - not sure why pictures didn't attach, but here: https://photos.app.goo.gl/4WmAyebafT4hEM7F9
I am in IL (way up north), so I am not sure shipping might be be...let me know 60014

1 - 5 of 5 Posts