Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just bought a 2013 CTS Wagon (3.6l AWD, not the V :( ) and decided to part with my wife's 1995 Chevrolet Caprice Classic Wagon. Black, no wood. Gray cloth interior, 88000 miles. Originally a NON tow pack. 2.56 gears and electric fans until 78k mi.

I bought this from a fellow wagon forum member, Adam in 2012 with 64k mi. This is a former garage kept funeral home car. Great condition. No rust, runs and drives perfectly. A/C blows cold and strong. Power locks/windows/mirrors. This is originally a USA car, so re-importing to USA is a breeze.

The bad:
- windshield has 2 professionally repaired chips.
- small ding in the hood from stone.
- Front bumper is scuffed on passenger corner (you have to bend down to see it)

The good
New passenger side inner fender (2013)
New (not reman) AC delco 140 Amp alternator (2016)
New water pump (2015)
Gary's upgraded battery cables (2015)
Moog CC623 rear coilsprings (2016)
Moog 7268 750# front springs (2016)
New coil spring isolators
New endlinks
Koni adjustable shocks; full firm front and 3/4 firm rear(2016).
3.73 gears and Truetrac (2016)
New Front control arms/spindle with 5/8" Balljoint (required new ABS sensors, too) (2016)
alignment to upg forum specs (2016)
New front rotors (ATE) and HAWK pads (2016)
ZQ8 bumpstops (2016)
PPM front end kit (1 million mile warranty) (2016)
hotchkis front swaybar
SLP headers w/ AIR and EGR delete (2016)
new NGK pltinum plugs and AC Delco wires (2016)
GM block heater install (2016)
Edelbrock Valvesprings, felpro viton valvestem seals (2016)
Comp ultra pro-magnum 1.6 ratio roller rockers, self-aligning (2016)
PCM tune, 91 Oct
140A AC delco alternato
2 new pioneer 4x6 speakers in the front (2015)
2 Clarion 6x9 in the back and put in some packing foam around them (2015)
older Alpine head unit, cda 9815. This is a fairly powerful deck at 4x27W RMS. (CD/MP3/AUX)
all new window rollers in the front while the panels were off.
New headliner (2015)
Grey cloth Roadmaster Sedan seats. 100x better than the stock caprice seats
Repainted roof (no more scratches on the roof)
Dynamat over every square inch of the floor and roof.
POR-15 on the parts of the floor that showed surface rust.
Resealed every wellnut and rivnut with roofing sealer prior to the dynamat and headliner going back on.
Powerwashed the carpet while it was out.

$ 7999 US

The wagon is currently between Montreal, Qc and Ottawa, ON. Again, this is a US car that I imported to Canada. It will be incredibly easy to re-import back to the US. There is no duty, just the regular tax you would pay for an out of state purchase. I am willing to help out with logistics.

Possiblity of selling OZ Nova wheels with the car. These are not the ones that were offered with the GP. They are 8" front and 10" rear. Tires up front are Goodyear F1 supercar in 245/45R18 up front and 285/40ZR18 rear. About 4000 miles on the tires. Looking for an extra $1000 for the OZ wheels and tires. Also have a set of Stock SS rims with 235/55R17 Pirelli Winter Soto tires.

Hopefully this thread can stay on track and not degenerate into a request for pics from the undercarriage by people who have no intention of buying it/In the south, there is no rust/back in my day you could get a candy bar for a nickel/I would so buy it if only ______/Would you sell some random part off your car type deals. That being said, if someone is seriously contemplating purchasing the vehicle and is interested in pics of a specific area, I'd be more than happy to snap some up for you

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hood blemishes

Tank area

I have a set of new gas tank straps that I might throw in if someone is concerned about the appearance of these.

A few pics of the work:

Found a leak at the weatherstripping when I pulled the carpet. Now fixed.

Don't worry, I completely wirewheeled the rust and prepped the surface exactly per the POR-15 instructions. I just didn't take intermediate photos.

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm motivated to sell this before the current plates expire end-Nov. Someone spare me the agony of dealing with the average craigslist/ebay user.

·
Registered
8,209 Posts
Hot Diggity DaMM!

Yep it works - thanks!

QUOTE:
pics
but there is a photobucket fix for Firefox (and Chrome):

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/fir...ix/?src=search

Works perfectly. All those pics that show the dial will now show up!
QUOTE:

Hey the whole thing looks nice, but that front undercarriage looks spooky clean.

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hey the whole thing looks nice, but that front undercarriage looks spooky clean.
yeah it's in really nice shape. I hope someone from the forum buys it. Hopefully it's not the fact that I'm Canada that's turning people off. I sold my 87 Turbo Regal to a guy from the US last year, and 2 B-bodies in the past. It's not much more complicated than buying a car from out-of-state. Willing to go drop the car off in the USA if someone can't come in to Canada because they don't have a passport.

·
Registered
491 Posts

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Car is now on SS rims with 235/55R17 Pirelli winter sottozero 210 tires with 5000 miles on them. $6500

Still have the OZ wheels, but they are not on the car.

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
How you still have this car is a total and complete mystery to me. What a beauty!
thanks. I think people from the USA are daunted by the fact I live in Canada. Most don't realize how easy it is to re-import back to the USA due to the fact it is originally a USA car (NY). Also, amazingly, a lot of people don't have passports.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts