Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
EDIT: Alternator is sold, grille is available, 91-92 tails are for sale as well. Check out my posts on page 3 for pics.

I recently got a smooth Caprice grille (it doesn't say "Chevrolet" across the top) and painted it. Well, I'm not happy with the way it looks on my car. It's a little rough around the edges with the paint, but it's not noticeable unless you're looking at it really, really closely. I want $35 picked up or $60 shipped. I'm asking for more shipped so I can get a box for it and the proper packaging so it doesn't get damaged. I'll probably ship that UPS. Here's some pics of it installed. I only had it on the car basically for the pics then I put the original back on.

The alternator I have is a CS144 140 amp alternator. It will fit on any L99/LT1 engine without modification. If you have a factory 105 amp alt, I'd recommend going to a junk yard and getting a rear bracket for it because it the factory rear bracket doesn't fit. I know a lot of people who don't use the rear bracket though. I don't have any pics of that, but I can get some upon request, assuming I can figure out what I did with my camera :confused:. I want $30 picked up, $40 shipped for that. I have some feedback on here, but unfortunately, all my transactions on here were done before the crash

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Bump.

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So You only want $40 for the Alternator. If so I'll probably pick it up, If I can fit 2 in my 65'.
Yeah, $40 shipped on that. If you want it, let me know. I can probably get it shipped out by Monday.

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
I want the alternator if Kapone decides not to take it

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No trades. I'll get some pics of the alt for all you guys tomorrow too. Kapone is #2 right now, you'll be #3. I've got 1 PM about it, but I don't think that's going anywhere.

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Pics of the alternator. I started cleaning it, and you can see the side I started cleaning. The clean side is the top for an LT1/L99. The rest of it hasn't been touched. I don't know how many miles are on the alternator, but it does work, and it works well. I had my system at full tilt (1035 RMS for the subs and about 300 RMS for my mids/highs) and I had absolutely no dimming whatsoever and only a very minute voltage drop (from about 14.4 to 13.8). The alternator is also clocked for the LT1/L99. I can clock it for you if you send me a pic of your TBI car with an alternator installed so I can see what position it needs to be in. You'll have to excuse the cell pics, I have no clue where my camera is hiding :mad:. BTW, Photobucket uploaded those 2 at a time. How long has it been doing that? Anyway, pics:

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
First one to let me know for sure gets the alt. Also, the grille is still up for grabs.

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Deal pending payment on alt, bump for the grille still being available. I'm open for trades if anyone has a DGGM Impala grille or I guess any Impala grille.

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The alternator is gone. The grille is not. Someone needs to make me happy and buy that too, please.

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Bump for the grille. Make an offer on it.

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Bump yet again for the grille. Like I said, make some offers. I want this gone. I'm open for trades too, let me know what you have.

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Back to the top!

·
Registered
897 Posts
Where are you located?

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Bump.

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Daily bump.

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Bump.

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I sure do bump this back up to the top a lot. Let's get this sold. Make me an offer and come and pick it up.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts