Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 106 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey All! I've conducted a few group buys and done several individual sales of the Langness SS spoiler for the B-Body Impala. I just wanted to introduce myself and put the details on how to get a hold of new spoilers. My father (David) used to handle these requests but he's handed it down to me (Travis). I use (and we've always used) the same mold from day one.

These are available in fiberglass and in carbon fiber. I've only ever seen the one carbon fiber piece and wow does it look good, but painted these don't look shabby either. Here's some of the details:

Takes about 3-4 weeks total, from payment to receipt. I accept PayPal, Personal Checks or cold hard cash in person. (Sorry, no CC machines here!) Basically takes about 1-2 weeks to make the spoiler and about the same to get it wrapped up and shipped. Spoilers in fiberglass are $300 and Carbon Fiber are $500. With either type of spoiler, any group buy is encouraged. For every additional person (Up to 10) I'll take $5 off the cost. So 5 people? $275/475 per spoiler! 10 people? $250/450 per spoiler. 2 people? $295/495! Very simple. Buyer pays shipping and as always it ranges depending on where in the country/world you are. Anything outside the cont. 48 states has to be discussed, I may or may not have the ability to get em there.

Other than that, feel free to ask any questions or Email/PM me directly! Here's some of the pics I have, and what they look like on other cars:

Post your Langness Spoilers

·
Premium Member
1,567 Posts
pics of carbon fiber spoiler

Hi bud do you have pics of the carbon fiber spoiler.
Thanks Paul.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
From the old GP thread:

This old thing? :D

Road racing StLoo 2008 (old exhaust)

-----

Unless you are up close and the light is hitting it just right it's hard to see it's a Carbon Fiber spoiler.

-----

-----

At da beach!

-----

And don't mind the bad ass Clear Image "Big Kahuna" exhaust Dan made for me. As you can see I like to support our vendors. Of course you can't see the Zack front end lol

-----

Anyway, disregard the swirl marks but like I was saying...when the sun hits her just right on the spoiler...

BAM!

-----

Goodness Gracious!

·
Registered
367 Posts
I don't know if you know about the streettrends.com they sale these spoils for $250 and there's are stronger then fiberglass they just don't sale the carbon fiber ones so you might want to lower your price a little

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Their version of this spoiler is $270 (a few years ago it was $375). If I'm not mistaken theirs is urethane, which is bendable like rubber. I've heard they come folded in half in a box. Those aren't facts to be clear, they're just things I've read on the web.

Here are some things i know - fiberglass is definitely stronger than urethane. The price of fiberghlass has gone up over the last few years but the prices on this spoiler are the same. This spoiler was designed in a wind tunnel with the specific purpose of increasing downforce without appreciable gain to drag and it works. I know their are copies of this spoiler out there but this is an original.

If I lower the price I'd be loosing money on these so i appreciate the suggestion but it's just not one I can take. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
4,050 Posts
And not to mention that it is bad form to crap on a vendor's thread with posts about another vendor...

The Langness spoiler is and always will be the B-body original (like Dan's headers)

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
Agreed, I got my spoiler from tlangy and luv it, this spoiler should have come with da SS.

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
man, that is a dam good picture, who took that, oh that's right I did lol, luv da SSpoiler man

·
Registered
358 Posts
I would love to have one, wait time is too long, I'm impatient. Will be on the look out for quicker times..

No comment on discount:confused:

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
"Wait time is too long, so I'll wait till the future when the wait time will be the same." Haha. Sorry man, I'm no shop. I'm a guy making spoilers for enthusiasts 1-2 at a time so it takes 3-4 weeks from order to doorstep. This includes payment, making, painting, prepping and pairing with hardware, packaging, and shipping to you. I really only say 3-4 weeks in case there's a hiccup in the process. If my fiberglass supplier has a backorder, if the boxes i use to ship are out of stock. Most of these take 12-20 days tops.

The discount was for when someone else had ordered a spoiler last week. Since there is a base cost for producing these, any time there's an order for more than one I'm offering to take $5 off for each additional spoiler.

Cheers,
Travis

·
Registered
83 Posts
When you say prep and paint are you painting it to the color that we request or is it a standard color? I have the DCM and would prefer for it to be that color or if not then a satin or flat black... Please let me know

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
When you say prep and paint are you painting it to the color that we request or is it a standard color? I have the DCM and would prefer for it to be that color or if not then a satin or flat black... Please let me know
Hey Burge$$, unfortunately I don't have the ability to get these painted to color match. They are the white you see in the photos when you receive them and I give out very specific instructions about how paint shops should treat the spoilers if they've never worked with fiberglass before. Feel free to post or PM any other questions!

·
Registered
117 Posts
Question

Do these use the original holes in the trunk or will I have to drill one holes?

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
For us caprice owners, do you include a template to drill the trunk?
No template, just the built in bolts that are on the spoiler. A template would be difficult to match up to each car and I don't think I'd trust it. You can basically just use the spoiler to mark where to drill and that'll be a much better judge.

1 - 20 of 106 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.